< iStitch
Monday 11 May 2009
And clouds!


Although I did not stitch at all over the weekend, I can still show you an update of the Dutch Band Sampler. As you can see I did a fair bit on Friday but rather overdid it as far as my hand is concerned - opps! More about my visit to the consultant later.


This morning's post brought me a package from dear Deb containing some 'shopping' she did for me and also enclosing a few 'extras'; a tin of Altoids, a tape measure from the Stitch & Bitch Cafe (perfect for a member of a Stitch-n-Bitch group!) and some of her sweetest floss tags. Deb makes these floss tags and believe me they are absolutely gorgeous - far superior to those that I can make! Quite often these can be found for sale on her stash sale on her blog so it's always worth checking. Thank you so much Deb you have made my day!

I have a dental checkup later today. I don't mind going to the dentist, in fact Mr Brown is a very nice man but ... why is there always a but? ... although he was an NHS dentist, he has now gone private so a checkup will cost me £20! Yes £20 for a 4-5 minute look into my mouth to tell me that all is ok (well I hope all is ok)! Don't we all wish that we could earn £240 an hour? After the dentist I plan to go to the library and stock up on reading material for the week.

My visit to the consultant last week didn't go quite as I planned. Although he was very pleased with my progress he is still a little worried about my index finger.  Let me explain.  In 2007 I had the same surgery to my ring, middle and index fingers but this time he said my index finger was not so bad so he operated on the ring and middle fingers and injected steroids (I think it was steroids) into the index finger. He has not discharged me and has given me an appointment to see him again in September and, if the index finger is not to his satisfaction, he wants to operate again - I think not! I think enough is enough and I have to yet to go through my eye surgery at the end of this month! I only hope that this heals quickly and that I do not have a black eye for my son's wedding on June 20!

In case you were wondering about the title of my post ... 




... while I was in the garden yesterday I was gazing up at the clouds and to my amazement I saw this face appear! I called Ken but he could not see it - I guess he has no imagination. Do you see a face?

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


11 Comments:


  • On 11 May 2009 at 11:39, Blogger الراجية عفو ربها

    Yes i can see the face in the right of the picture
    hi from
    Cairo Egypt

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 13:20, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yes, I see a face, and it looks very much like Victor Hugo's portrait (check here :http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/evenements/victor-hugo.asp).
    Nice goodies you received.

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 15:08, Blogger Kim B

    I don't see the face. I'm useless :)

    I hope your hand is fully recovered soon!

    And beautiful goodies!

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 15:39, Blogger doris

    I see a face. Great photography job.

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 16:44, Blogger Angela

    Oh poor you! Possibly more hand surgery AND your eye op! I'm so sorry the consultant thinks you might need more work on your hand. it seems to be never ending doesn't it :>) The temptation is always to do more if you are feeling better but try to rest your hand as often as you can!

    What lovely gifts from Deb. I just adore those little floss tags and the altoid mints are really yummy!
    No, can't see a face - Hang on! if I squint, stand on one foot and jump up and down....oh, I see it now...haha!
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 17:52, Blogger Hazel

    I see two different faces. One of a lion cub to the upper right as if it is on its side and the ugly face right in the middle with the long nose! Nice goodies! xx

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 18:40, Blogger valerie

    I agree with Hazel...I see the possibility of the two faces too! Nice progress on Dutch Sampler! Sorry to hear the bad news on the hand. Hopefully that finger will improve! Lovely gifts from Deb!

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 18:51, Blogger staci

    Great photo! So sorry about the less-than-stellar hand news :(

    Hope everything went fine with the dentist too :) {{hugs}}

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 22:11, Blogger Carla

    Hello, Carol!

    Your stitching is realy great, and, now that I found some courage to write in your comments (oh, my bad, bad English!), I can say that I'll follow your progress in it.

    Deb's page is beautiful! And she shows lots of pretty things there to. I think I'll follow her posts too... But quietly, until I find some courage to write in my bad English there too. hahaha!

    Dental checkups are... boring. I don't like to be there, sat with my mouth opened as a hippo and someone looking inside it telling "oh, this one is bad, that one is good" and, then, listen that I have to come back to start any long and pricy treatment. Going to the dentist is always a nightmare. So boring!

    Have you realy had to have so many fingers operatesd? Wow! I do hope that you are recovered and realy don't have to face another operation. What's about your operation in the eye? Some operations - lots of them - don't let black eye in the patient. It would certainly be displeasant to have a black eye in your son's wedding! Wow! I hope your kind of operation doesn't let you with one.

    About the clouds, hahaha! If ken doesn't have imagination, I have plenty. I barely could see a face, but surely I saw... Obelix with a funny face looking at something in his hand! hahahahahahaha!

     
  • On 12 May 2009 at 02:43, Blogger Melissa

    Oh, I hope your fingers/hand heal soon.

    Yes I see that face...if it's the same face! Funny how everyone sees things differently.

     
  • On 12 May 2009 at 17:30, Blogger lena-lou

    Hi Carol, I didn't comment yesterday as I only looked with my iPod but yes, I could see the face immediately it looks like a cat to me on this picture !

    Have a nice evening :-))