< iStitch
Sunday 2 August 2009
BAM 3 and a gift!



Although Valie and I had planned on designing our next BAM (Brode Avec Moi) whilst on my trip to Paris, we unfortunately ran out of time so we chose a pattern 'Rouge Velours' from Isabelle Vautier's book 'Samplers en Rouge et Blanc' and, of course, I chose a vibrant red Soie Surfine silk thread for the 48ct Gander linen. Patti has previously said to me that she cannot tell how small these samplers are so I have placed a US 25 cent coin to add some perspective. Tiny eh? I hope to finish this sampler later today and post a 'finish' tomorrow. Valie has finished her BAM and there is a picture on her blog. She also used AVAS silk threads but in blues and mauves with an accent of green and a few embellishments. I am a sheep to follow the pattern!



Saturday's mail brought me a surprise gift of this beautiful needlebook from dear Susan (no blog but should have one to show off her wonderful work!). As you can see it's in my favourite colour blue. Thank you Susan - much appreciated.

Also on Saturday I received an email from The Stitcher's Village informing me I had won their July competition of a $300 gift package from The Cat's Whisker's Design Studio. How lucky am I? I will, of course be posting a picture of all my goodies once received. I am so excited.

Susan of Hanging By a Thread tells me that Sherri of Patrick's Woods is coming to teach for the first time in England on June 12 & 13 2010. There are two wonderful projects, Lucet Passmenterie & a Silk Purse and The Mermaid's Two Tales. There are limited places for these classes so if you are interested get in touch with Susan now!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 2 August 2009 at 12:19, Anonymous Anonymous

    If I were to stitch as tiny as you, it would take me double the time...
    I love the needlebook - clever design.
    Have a lovely Sunday !
    Val

     
  • On 2 August 2009 at 13:09, Blogger Akila

    Hello Carol, long time since I commented on blogs I follow, though I have been following. Hope things are fine with you.
    Wow, $350 gift package!!! Are you lucky. Am eager to see it.

     
  • On 2 August 2009 at 15:57, Blogger JillMN

    Hi Carol,
    I love Isa's designs. Unfortunately we cannot get them here in the U.S. Congrats on winning the gift package from Stitchers Showcase. Have a great day!

     
  • On 2 August 2009 at 18:58, Blogger CJ in OK ;-)

    Beautiful Sampler, it may be small but there are no less stitches in your version, so congrats on the tiny progress. CJ ok;-)

     
  • On 2 August 2009 at 20:10, Blogger Susimac

    Its a really pretty little sampler I love it!! Its still the same amount of stitches no matter what size fabric and I love your high count fabric finishes thay are lovely.

    Congrats on winning the competition too, enquiring minds wants to know what you've picked to buy - you'll have to email me LOL!!

    Nice gift too!!

     
  • On 2 August 2009 at 21:22, Blogger valerie

    Wow, how exciting to win the Stitcher's Showcase! You've always been so lucky at drawings! Great progress on your BAM.

     
  • On 3 August 2009 at 00:34, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Thank you so much for putting that little coin next to your gorgeous piece and now everyone can see how small it really is. I would love a piece of that Gander linen but don't know where to get it from.

    Also congrats on winning that giveaway I love The Cat's Whiskers and can't wait to see what you get.

    Lots of Love

    Patti xxx

     
  • On 3 August 2009 at 01:39, Blogger Cindy F.

    Beautiful wip! I love the color, size and design!
    Such a pretty needlebook you've received! Just adorable!
    And how exciting you won The Stitcher's Village prize!! Congratulations!! That is an awesome prize!

     
  • On 3 August 2009 at 15:16, Blogger Kim B

    Look at that wee sampler! It's precious!