< iStitch
Tuesday 25 August 2009
Brown Bunny!

(Click for a closeup view)

No, this is not Brown Bunny that I am stitching for BAM 5 with Valie but a beautiful Brown Bunny pinkeep made for me by Amy for an exchange. Isn't this just gorgeous? It's much nicer than mine which I will show to you later in the week. It's stitched on 32ct Antique Ivory Belfast linen with DMC thread and the backing fabric is Blackbird Designs Moda. Amy personalised the stitching by changing the B to a C and adding both sets of initials and just look at that incredible bow! What a wonderful exchange - thank you so much Amy - I love it!


This morning's mail also brought me the prize that I won from the Stitcher's Village July competition. There are eight charts, together with the Dinky Dyes thread packs and accessories! What a magnificent prize.

At long last I have made a start on the children's Christmas ornaments. The first one is a red and white pendibule which I need to personalise and 'finish'.

I have also been designing using my new Macstitch software. I had forgotten what fun it is to have design software and I have been 'playing' and charting up some alphabets and motifs. If anyone is interested, I will make my charts available once I am satisfied with them. Needleprint has a Infinity Library of Quaker Motifs in editable format together with the Beatrix Potter Chart and will be releasing more charts in the future. All of these are compatible with Macstitch and, of course, for the pc users among you there is also a software available for you.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


18 Comments:


  • On 25 August 2009 at 12:56, Blogger Yuko

    Oh I thought that is your brown bunny BAM 5!
    But it's so lovely presennt rom Amy!
    How lovely pinkeep this is!

    ANd you are very lucky to have won these wonderful prize!!
    Please keep buying the lottery and win and please come oveer here to Japan to see us!

    Yuko

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 13:06, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    I got to see a sneak peek and I knew you'd love it ;)
    Amy did a wonderful job and worried to bits when she read of your Brown Bunny SAL....

    And look at that prize! WOW!

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 13:08, Blogger Cathy B

    Beautiful Brown Bunny from Amy! How lucky for you to win all that stash!

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 15:35, Blogger Melissa

    That's a beautiful Brown Bunny from Amy!

    I see you are still on your lucky winning streak! The prize is generous!

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 15:35, Anonymous Anonymous

    What a coincidence that Amy should have been stitching Bown Bunny for you ! I hope she doesn't mind our BAM.
    And hey, it's a nice prize you won from Stitcher's Village - your stash needed rebuilding (joke).

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 16:30, Blogger Kim B

    Great exchange! And what an amazing prize to win!

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 16:47, Blogger valerie

    Nice exchange from Amy! Love the personalization changes she made. You won another prize?! I wish some of your good luck would rub off on me! :)

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 18:53, Blogger Stitcher

    Great finish, and what a fantastic prize.

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 21:52, Blogger Michele

    What a lovely exchange from Amy! Love Brown Bunny :)

    and wow! what a great prize you won! omgosh I'm drooling!

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 22:32, Blogger Melissa

    That Brown Bunny is wonderful! Check out that prize package from SV! WOW!! Enjoy all of your goodies. :)

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 23:18, Blogger Carla

    wow!! that's a beautiful pinkeep!!!

     
  • On 25 August 2009 at 23:50, Blogger Daffycat

    Awesome pinkeep from Amy...I love, love, love the colors!

    Woo! Wonderful prize you received too...you lucky girl!

     
  • On 26 August 2009 at 08:44, Blogger Elisa

    a beautiful pinkeep :)
    Well done on your stash win...fab selection

     
  • On 26 August 2009 at 11:19, Blogger cathymk

    What a lovely exchange!

    Glad to read you are enjoying using MacStitch, I haven't yet taken the plunge and purchased a Cross stitch design programme (I do have a windows partition on the iMac and was thinking I could put one there, but now that I read you are enjoying playing with MacStitch I'm thinking to hell with windows (yet again!!)) :)

     
  • On 26 August 2009 at 22:42, Blogger Meari

    The first thing I noticed on the pinkeep was the BEAUTIFUL bow! I wish I knew how to do those. What a great prize. Enjoy!

     
  • On 27 August 2009 at 22:55, Blogger angelasweby

    I love Amy's gift to you especially the backing fabric and ribbon trim, it sets it off really beautifully. Now you have two brown bunnies, they'll be breeding like er.bunnies :>)
    Wow how fantastic to win that amazing stash. I love all the thread bags, what a treat. Well done :>)
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 28 August 2009 at 16:04, Blogger WendyJo

    A great exchange from Amy!! Congrats on the wonderful prize you won! That is wonderful!!

     
  • On 3 September 2009 at 13:04, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    I love the colors in this pinkeep. What a lovely gift you received.