< iStitch
Thursday 22 July 2010
Nancy's Sew Nautical





Nancy of Lovely in Chocolate has been stitching Sew Nautical as a Sunday SAL with Margaret and has said that I can post a picture of her beautiful finished sampler here - thank you Nancy. There are more pictures on her blog so go take a look at these and the rest of her amazing work too. It is stitched on antique white linen with HDF silk threads from her stash. I hope Margaret will share her Sew Nautical too!

Sew Nautical is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.

My linen has now arrived from Tissage Gander so I need to get this cut to size, overlocked (serged) and onto a frame for my start on Jane Rees. I will post a WIP picture as soon as there is WIP!

After being extremely good with my 'Stitch from Stash' regime and not buying anything for nearly 6 months, I now find that, having 'fallen off the wagon', I am making up for lost time. Not only Gander linen and Soie Surfine thread for Jane, I have found myself surfing round Vikki's site *here* and ordering quantities of HDF silks which is perfect for stitching 1*2 on 48ct Gander linen. I have also brought new 'feet' for my floor stand and a small portable lamp/magnifier for travelling and Stitch-n-Bitch meetings!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


10 Comments: