< iStitch
Wednesday 6 April 2011
Another French red sampler


Click on the picture for a closeup view


Thank you to all those who left 'get well' comments, sent emails and e-cards - much appreciated! I am feeling a lot better now that the antibiotics have started to work and to prove it I had a new start yesterday of yet another little French red sampler. I know this pattern was a freebie but I have no idea of where I found it - maybe someone recognises it? At the bottom of the alphabet it has the initials LV and the word Paris. I have no idea if the stitcher was LV who lived in Paris or if the name was indeed LV Paris. I am using AVAS Soie d'alger 2925 on 48ct blanc cassé Gander linen - two of my favourite combinations of fabric and floss.

I received a RAK from Simone of Soed Idee this morning - a skein of Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe's hand-dyed floss in a fabulous colour called Turkey Red - I can't wait to try this out - thank you Simone! Simone has some wonderful new charts and kits in her new Atelier Soed Idee shop so go *here* and check this out as I am sure you will fall in love with her designs.

The sun is out today and I think it may even be warm enough to sit outside later or at least I am hoping it is!

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 6 April 2011 at 12:48, Blogger Sally

    Very pretty new start Carol.

    Sorry to hear you've not been well. I missed your post yesterday. I hope you are feeling much better soon.

     
  • On 6 April 2011 at 13:53, Blogger Poussy Stitches My Love

    oh beautiful carol !

    have a good day
    marylin

     
  • On 6 April 2011 at 19:55, Blogger valerie

    Great new start and glad to hear you are feeling better!

     
  • On 7 April 2011 at 13:45, Blogger staci

    Gorgeous! I cannot wait to see your red sampler wall! Must show us a pic of all your finishes (to date) together!

     
  • On 7 April 2011 at 16:24, Blogger Connie

    I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better and can spend some time stitching. I recognize your new start because I've stitched it, too. As to its source, all I remember is that I got it from a link on the HDF forum. It was my introduction to stitching red samplers and now I'm addicted. lol

     
  • On 7 April 2011 at 18:12, Blogger Kathy A.

    I am glad to hear that you are finally starting to feel better. Take care of youself.
    Lovely little stitches.

     
  • On 12 April 2011 at 22:57, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hope you manage to get over that cough quickly - your latest WIP LV Paris is really lovely already, that thread looks gorgeous! :D