< iStitch
Sunday 30 October 2011
Too big? So young?




After seeing the lovely hoop box that Vonna showed on her blog *here*, I was quite enamoured by the idea and thought I would do one too. I already had the pattern - BBD Summer House - and a piece of R&R 30ct cappachino linen in my stash so I thought I would make a start. I also had the same colour thread that Donna had used but, it is a little too 'browny' for my taste so I decided to go with DMC 115. I stitched the design 2*2 but oh dear it's much too large for my liking so I am going to restitch it 1*2 on 40ct raw Newcastle linen with a yet unchosen thread and finish it on 5" hoops instead of 6". I may even chose a different design or do my own thing! Vonna posts an excellent finishing tutorial for this on her blog and only asks that your give her credit for her idea. Thank you Vonna for sharing your wonderful idea.


****************************


I was searching through my blog recently and found the 'day book journal' I did on August 4 2010 and thought I would do another for today:

Outside my window ..... it's dark and dismal

I am thinking ....I can’t wait for next summer

I am thankful for ...... my health, my family and my life

I am wearing ..... black shorts, black top, flip flops

I am loving …. my new design - Sew Frost

I am stitching .... C Mon Monde SAL

I am hoping .... to start my Christmas shopping soon

I am drooling over .... an 11" Macbook Air

I am sorely tempted by ...... an 11" Macbook Air

I am hearing ...... Layla - Eric Clapton

I am reading ..... Now You See Her by James Patterson

On my mind ..... Sunday roast

From my picture journal…. School days - 1963




Sweet 16?


************************


I started on the C Mon Monde SAL and have only to put the roof on the house which I hope to do this afternoon so I can send off a picture to receive Part 2. I will post a picture shortly thereafter with details of fabric and threads.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 30 October 2011 at 13:20, Blogger Barbara

    Carol, I also want to do a hoop box and I've chosen a BBD design also but different from yours. I love the red you chose to stitch your first one in though...can't go wrong with reds.
    Oh to be young again as you are in that picture...I'm a strong believer in youth is wasted on the young.
    Have a great sunday and I can't wait to see your fabric and fiber choice for your C Mon Monde SAL.
    Blessings!

     
  • On 30 October 2011 at 13:49, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    I love the hoop box finishes - I think yours would look lovely, even though it's bigger than you imagined, so don't waste the piece! :)

     
  • On 30 October 2011 at 19:01, Blogger staci

    Love It!!! That will be awesome once it's finished!

     
  • On 30 October 2011 at 19:39, Blogger Tommye

    that's just beautiful! I agree, Vonna has fabulous finishing instructions. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • On 31 October 2011 at 00:01, Blogger Sunny

    Carol it came out nice. I like it.
    Also I am having trouble sending you an email. Could you email me so I can send you part 6.
    blazensun@gmail.com

     
  • On 31 October 2011 at 00:05, Blogger Kate

    What a fabulous finishing idea - thanks for the link.
    Looking forward to seeing your SAL.

     
  • On 31 October 2011 at 02:27, Blogger Karen

    Loved Vonna's hoop box finish too so I can't wait to see yours done. This piece is beautiful.. can't wait to see how you stitch it again...