< iStitch
Wednesday, 4 August 2010
ABC




As promised yesterday, here is a picture of my start of Jane Rees. Not a lot I know but please remember this is being stitched on 55ct linen! I have placed a Bohin size 28 needle in the fabric for scale and if click on the picture you'll get a close-up view. I must admit I had some difficulty working with a frame and stand as I have not done this for a long time and I am wondering if I will find it easier to go back to using a Qsnap or a hoop and moving it around as I did with Beatrix Potter. However, using a frame does keep the work in pristine condition rather than it getting screwed up by working in hand so I will persevere for a while.


I saw Rowyn's day book journal on her blog and though I would play along too.

Outside my window ..... clouds
I am thinking ....I can’t wait for my Florida vacation
I am thankful for ...... my health, my family and my life
I am wearing ..... black shorts, blue top, flip flops
I am loving …. my new iPhone
I am stitching .... Janes Rees and a new iStitch design
I am hoping .... to lose a few pounds before my vacation
I am drooling over .... HDF silk threads from Vikki Clayton
I am sorely tempted by ...... an iPad
I am hearing ...... silence
I am reading ..... The Assassins Gallery by David L Robbins
On my mind ..... Spring bulbs to be planted soon
From my picture journal…. Italy 1979




If anyone else decides to follow Rowyn's lead and does the day book journal, let me know and I'll come and visit!


Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
Photobucket posted by Carol R at 09:46 | Permalink | Photobucket


13 Comments:


  • On 4 August 2010 at 11:28, Blogger Pike

    That is quite a project... But looking absolutely gorgeous!

     
  • On 4 August 2010 at 12:26, Blogger Hazel

    That's a beautiful start. It is a wopper of a project. I might be emailing you for advice soon so please look out for it. xx

     
  • On 4 August 2010 at 12:59, Blogger Gillie

    Quite gorgeous but I still can't get over how much bigger the needle is than the letters! Keep persevering with the frame, I would think, as definitely not something that's going to be finished in a couple of weeks and it will keep it looking nice!

     
  • On 4 August 2010 at 13:27, Blogger Karen

    Such tiny stitches! It will be a beautiful piece.

     
  • On 4 August 2010 at 16:38, Blogger valerie

    Great start Carol! It takes a while getting used to a frame after using q-snaps for so long! I remember that with my MW which I need to get back to soon!

     
  • On 4 August 2010 at 17:18, Blogger Lisa

    Yay... you started. Any progress is good progress, no matter how small. I know what you mean about the stand. I did the same with HAED & decided I was getting along with stitching it because I'd switched from Qsnap to my Millenium, once I switched back I was enjoying stitching it again.

     
  • On 5 August 2010 at 12:25, Blogger Michele

    That will be a stunning sampler! 55 count?!?!?! Wow!

     
  • On 5 August 2010 at 15:28, Blogger Barbeeque4

    What a beautiful start!!!

     
  • On 5 August 2010 at 19:15, Blogger VALIE

    You have not changed.
    Justin has.

     
  • On 6 August 2010 at 17:56, Blogger Marsha

    what can one say but, WOW!

     
  • On 7 August 2010 at 11:59, Blogger Rowyn

    A beautiful start, and thanks for playing along with the meme.

     
  • On 8 August 2010 at 20:39, Blogger Angela

    Nice start Carol.
    Also, i can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading your memories. it made me cast my mind back to.

    What a lovely photo of you and Justin.
    Angela xx

     
  • On 11 August 2010 at 06:53, Blogger Suzanne

    Nice start to Jane. Working on high count fabric can sometimes feel like you haven't done very much, although you have worked for a long time at it.

    I enjoyed reading you journal post.