< iStitch
Wednesday 4 August 2010
ABC




As promised yesterday, here is a picture of my start of Jane Rees. Not a lot I know but please remember this is being stitched on 55ct linen! I have placed a Bohin size 28 needle in the fabric for scale and if click on the picture you'll get a close-up view. I must admit I had some difficulty working with a frame and stand as I have not done this for a long time and I am wondering if I will find it easier to go back to using a Qsnap or a hoop and moving it around as I did with Beatrix Potter. However, using a frame does keep the work in pristine condition rather than it getting screwed up by working in hand so I will persevere for a while.


I saw Rowyn's day book journal on her blog and though I would play along too.

Outside my window ..... clouds
I am thinking ....I can’t wait for my Florida vacation
I am thankful for ...... my health, my family and my life
I am wearing ..... black shorts, blue top, flip flops
I am loving …. my new iPhone
I am stitching .... Janes Rees and a new iStitch design
I am hoping .... to lose a few pounds before my vacation
I am drooling over .... HDF silk threads from Vikki Clayton
I am sorely tempted by ...... an iPad
I am hearing ...... silence
I am reading ..... The Assassins Gallery by David L Robbins
On my mind ..... Spring bulbs to be planted soon
From my picture journal…. Italy 1979




If anyone else decides to follow Rowyn's lead and does the day book journal, let me know and I'll come and visit!


Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


12 Comments: