< iStitch
Monday 14 April 2008
Needleroll update




My needleroll for the Monthly Finishing Challenge is nearly finished. The stitching, including the hem-stitching, is done. I did frog out the double thread back-stitching and I think it looks a lot nicer. I would have finished it off but I had a visitor and time just ran away with me. I don't think I will get it done today though and maybe not til next weekend! I got a call from my friend from work who is the Office Manager (Liam's grandma) to see if I could help them out for the next couple of weeks. Someone has left, another is on holiday, another is having surgery and another has had a death in the family. Of course, I could not say no, and it will actually be quite nice to see everyone again. Although I love being retired and at home, I do miss everyone - so - my retirement actually lasted a whole 3 months. And it is only for two weeks!



And for those watching my eggling ... just look. Eggciting or what?

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 14 April 2008 at 15:58, Blogger Kim B

    Your needle roll looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it all finished up and posted to the challenge. And look at your egg go!

     
  • On 14 April 2008 at 17:06, Blogger Stitcher

    Lovely needleroll. Do you know what's in the eggling, or is it a surprise?

     
  • On 14 April 2008 at 17:40, Blogger Janaina

    Awww... it´s coming out so neat and nice! Well done on the needleroll!Cant wait to see you finishing it. Take A LOT of pics, plz,... finishing a needleroll is something I would love to try someday!

     
  • On 14 April 2008 at 20:57, Blogger DaisyGirl

    Needleroll looks great! Enjoy going back to work for alittle while!
    Donna

     
  • On 14 April 2008 at 21:40, Blogger Mylene

    Lovely finish, Carol. Looking forward to see it into a needleroll.

     
  • On 14 April 2008 at 22:47, Blogger Michele

    Oh this will make a lovely needleroll! can't wait to see it finished :)

    Don't work too hard!!!

    and I love the egg .. it's been fun watching it grow!

     
  • On 15 April 2008 at 13:11, Blogger Michele B.

    Your needleroll is exquisite - so delicate. You have stitched it up so fast! I'm just about to start trying to finish mine (first time ever - hope I can handle the hemstitching). Enjoy your temporary return to work - but don't let them forget you are really retired!

     
  • On 15 April 2008 at 14:22, Blogger Carol

    Awesome! I was born and raised in Massachusetts and have been seeking this chart for some time now... this reminds me to keep looking for it as it is a beauty!

     
  • On 15 April 2008 at 23:28, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    That needleroll is going to be beautiful!

     
  • On 16 April 2008 at 13:35, Blogger Wendy

    Stunning needleroll! 3 months of retirement and then back to work? I'm sure it will be nice to get out for the next 2 weeks, and then you can enjoy your free time again.

    Cute little sprouts in your egg!

     
  • On 18 April 2008 at 17:17, Blogger Meari

    Your needleroll is really pretty. :) Eggling is cute, too. ;)

     
  • On 23 April 2008 at 22:17, Blogger Sonda

    That needleroll looks great! It's a nice design!