< iStitch
Saturday 16 May 2009
Un cadeau de France!



Yesterday the mailman delivered a delightful package from across the English channel. Look at the perfect stitching on this lovely pinkeep. The fabric on the reverse shows a map of Paris with a strip of intricate lace and see the scissors - the Eiffel Tower! There were other goodies too - I have been spoiled again - there are much better pictures here. A perfect gift from a dear friend. Beaucoup de mercis mon cher ami doux! 

No stitching for me these past couple of day as I have been reading a book that I got out from the library. It's one of those books that once you start, you can put down. 'The House at Riverton' by Kate Morton tells the story of Grace, a one-time housemaid at Riverton Manor. It neatly jumps from 1914, when Grace, at 14 years of age goes into service at the manor, to 1999 when Grace, now 98, is visited by a young director wishing to make a film. "Ghosts awaken and old memories - long-consigned to the dark reaches of Grace's mind - begin to sneak back through the cracks. A shocking secret threatens to emerge, something history has forgotten but Grace never could." Read it - I promise you will enjoy it.

I have also made some more beaded scissor fobs but I did not take any pictures before they went into the mail on their way to their new owners. I shall make some more! 

Strange weather we are having - bright sunshine one minute, dark clouds and rain showers the next. I think I will stitch.

Thanks for visiting and have a good weekend
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


23 Comments:


  • On 16 May 2009 at 15:14, Blogger Brigitte

    What a wonderful gift to receive. I love the motif very much, it looksso delicate.
    I also have Kate Morton's book on my book pile. It seems I'll have to push it upwards in the stack.

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 15:23, Blogger Deb

    What a great gift to receive! I will have to look into that book - it sounds very interesting.

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 15:29, Anonymous Anonymous

    Glad you like your cadeaux français !
    I have started a book entitled "Bloddy Foreigners" which tells about the identity of the Britons, which has been shaped through invasions following invasions... now I know why I have fair hair while you have dark hair ! ;-)
    A bientôt,
    V.

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 15:30, Anonymous Anonymous

    ERRATUM - Please read "Bloody" instead of "bloddy"...

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 16:25, Blogger Melissa

    It's a beautiful gift. I saw it yesterday on Valie's site. Lucky you!

    I've read The House at Riverton. I really enjoyed it. There's a newer book out but I didn't enjoy that one so much - too much moving back and forth between too many time periods and with different characters!

    The weather here is strange as well. I hope it gets better all around! Have a great weekend.

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 17:41, Blogger Nina

    Wonderful gift you got!! I love Paris, I wish I can live there! Beautiful town, have you been there? :)
    I also love your new pair of scissors!

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 18:54, Blogger lena-lou

    Lovely :)

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 20:06, Blogger angelasweby

    Wow Carol, what a really lovely pinkeep and it's finished so beautifully. I've seen that pretty French fabric before and really love it :>)

    Rula's reading the same book as you and can't get her nose out of it :>)
    Warm hugs Angela

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 20:09, Blogger Olga

    Wow! What a lovely gift! The book you are reading sounds really very interesting, I will look for it in the library too - thank you.

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 22:52, Blogger Daffycat

    Such a beautiful package to receive! I really like the fabric on the back of the pinkeep ~ so unusual!

     
  • On 17 May 2009 at 02:11, Blogger valerie

    Lovely gift from the other Valerie! I love the touch of lace on the back and how cute that the fabric has the Eiffel Tower to match the scissors.

    I'd trade your weather for mine. It's 85 degrees here. I am melting! :)

     
  • On 17 May 2009 at 14:48, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    What a lovely gift you have received. I love the motif and the finishing too. I hope you have a lovely Sunday. Lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 18 May 2009 at 12:03, Blogger Karan

    Enjoyed my post holiday catch up. Gorgeous gifts you've received, especially love the one from Yuko. Great progress on the WIP. Sorry the consultant visit didn't go quite as well as hoped. Read the KM book & also thoroughly enjoyed it - have her next one in my To Read pile. :0)

     
  • On 18 May 2009 at 12:10, Anonymous Anonymous

    Amazing gift, very very beautiful!

     
  • On 18 May 2009 at 14:14, Blogger Anita

    What a pretty gift.

     
  • On 18 May 2009 at 16:03, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    What a gorgeous gift!

     
  • On 18 May 2009 at 18:27, Blogger Andrea

    Wonderful gift.

    I enjoyed the KM book too. You'll have to read The Forgotten Garden of hers as well.

     
  • On 18 May 2009 at 20:48, Blogger Michele

    what a lovely lovely gift!

    gotta love a good book :)

    ohhh beaded fobs? yummy, can't wait to see pictures!

     
  • On 18 May 2009 at 20:59, Blogger Cindy F.

    Such a wonderful, beautiful gift!

     
  • On 18 May 2009 at 23:09, Blogger Meari

    Beautiful exchange. Love the scissors!

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 02:37, Blogger Carla

    What a lovely gift!!

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 23:46, Blogger Deb

    I have the "...Riverton" book, and will get right to it! Thanks. Love your giftie. Just darling... And, I notice your fobs are great, Carol. I'll have to dig out my beads and make some, too! Hugs,

     
  • On 20 May 2009 at 00:36, Blogger Kim B

    Beautiful gift!