< iStitch
Wednesday 3 June 2009
Mary Wigham SAL



Jacqueline at Needleprint is offering the Mary Wigham sampler as an SAL download. This sampler is under the care of the Ackworth School and the chart was to be released for sale with the funds being returned to the School for conservation. Unfortunately the sampler was charted and sold commercially without licence or permission so it has been decided to release this as a freebie SAL with a voluntary donation payable on each download ($1) or a one-off donation payable either by paypal or by cheque directly to the School (see here). The first part is available for download (here). There are 'Head Girls' appointed in different countries who are setting up blogs for the SAL - the UK blog is headed by Hazel (here). Other countries can find their own 'Head Girl' here.

I have downloaded Part 1 but will not be starting this beautiful project just yet; I need to think about fabric and threads. 

Thank you Jacqueline for this lovely gesture. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 3 June 2009 at 15:33, Blogger Edgar

    Isn't that a really gorgeous sampler!! What a great thing to do. I have read on other forums of many who are stitching it in one colour - which sounds really pretty. Now I also need to figure out what or when I can get to it.

     
  • On 3 June 2009 at 16:53, Blogger Kim B

    I may need this myself! Thanks for the info!!

     
  • On 3 June 2009 at 18:04, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    Like you I have downloaded this but it's had to go into my to do later pile. It's really beautiful and such a nice thing to do as a SAL.
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 3 June 2009 at 21:26, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Hi Carol, I too have downloaded Part one of this but it will have to go on the back burner for a while. Well I might just stitch one or two emblems as soon as I can figure out what count and over 1 or 2 threads and what colour I want to do this in. Choose will you please and that might make up my mind too. You know how indecisive I am. I need HELP. Lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 4 June 2009 at 10:57, Anonymous Anonymous

    i read about this somewhere else and i will have a look at it at some point it look really great.

     
  • On 4 June 2009 at 11:54, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    What a beautiful sampler! I might have to download this one. Not sure when I'd get to it, though.