< iStitch
Tuesday 26 May 2009
The return of Beatrix Potter


The above picture shows how far I had got with Miss Beatrix before my hand surgery at the end of March.



And this picture shows how much I have stitched over the past week. Not too much to show but at least it's an update! To my horror I have discovered that the bottom motif (you can see a tiny peek) is coming dangerously low to the bottom of the fabric. I am going to finish this motif and if I cannot fit it in or there is only a slip of fabric left, I am going to ditch the whole thing. What is annoying is that there's a 3" border at the top! I obviously miscounted or the fabric is not the 36ct as purchased. I suppose I should have started in the middle and worked outwards from there. I really do not like this project!

 

I also stitched a bit more on the Dutch Band Sampler. Again, not a lot, but a few stitches soon mounts up. I need to change one of the colours as it was  the same shade as the fabric and disappeared, hence the gaps. I think I will choose a much darker shade of this colour rather than pick a completely different colour.



As it was New Moon on May 24, I was supposed to post an orts update for TUSAL on that date, opps, here it is now. If you look carefully, you can pick out the Raisin Wine from BP and the threads from the DBS! 

I am sorry for the 'worse than normal' photographs but it's dull, gloomy and raining heavily here and therefore not ideal conditions to take photographs!

Tomorrow is the day of my minor eye surgery. I am a bit apprehensive and the thought of a needle being inserted near my eye is worrying me quite a bit. Maybe they will use eye drops?

I have no idea when I will be able to post again so ...

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


13 Comments:


  • On 26 May 2009 at 11:50, Anonymous Anonymous

    Carol - poor you - but then, think of all the winking you will be able to perform once the surgery is behind you !
    I really like the colours of your Beatrix Potter - I am sure it is the "slow hand" that is putting you off. Once you have reverted to your normal speed, you will like it again, I am sure !
    Same kind of weather here as you are enjoying across the Channel. But still I'll go out, I must drop something at the Post Office... ;-)

     
  • On 26 May 2009 at 15:04, Blogger staci

    Beautiful progress on BP and Dutch Band. That is so scary to have someone messing with your eyes! Best wishes that everything goes smoothly and that you'll be 100% in no time {{HUGS}}

     
  • On 26 May 2009 at 16:35, Blogger Kim B

    BP is giving you trouble! It's a beautiful design. And DBS is awesome!

     
  • On 26 May 2009 at 18:38, Blogger valerie

    Oh no! BP is being a pain for you. I do hope it's salvageable. Would be such a pity for all that stitching to go to waste. Love your DS progress! I hope that your eye procedure goes smoothly and is easier than you're anticipating. Wishing you a speedy progress so you can return to the things you enjoy. ((hugs))

     
  • On 26 May 2009 at 19:49, Blogger Michele

    not fun when one project drives you so crazy! I hope it works out for BP.

    I love your progress on the Dutch Band, such pretty colors!

    Hope your eye surgery goes well and you are back posting real soon!

     
  • On 26 May 2009 at 21:02, Blogger Deb

    Looks like your making good progress on both of your progress, but that is awful about Beatrix. Is it possible to sew a strip of muslin to the bottom to that it can be framed? Hopefully so, as it's looking beautiful. I do understand though how a project can frustrate you though. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I don't know what is involved, but I'm sure that they'll make sure you're comfortable.

     
  • On 26 May 2009 at 21:38, Blogger CJ in OK ;-)

    Praying all goes well with the eye surgery. I am very impressed with what you can do after the hand surgery in March. Beatrix Potter looks great but it will be good to know whether you should continue or not. Your Dutch Band Sampler is very pretty, I have this one kitted up so I may have to drag this out and get it started too. CJ ok;-)

     
  • On 26 May 2009 at 23:14, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I hope it all goes well with your eye surgery tomorrow. If you are not enjoying BP just put her away for a bit. I will call and check in with you. I think the good thing is I don't much like my new computer so I am stitching so much more than normal and really loving it. I will be thinking of you tomorrow a lot. Lots and lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 27 May 2009 at 03:18, Blogger Shelleen

    great job on your WIPs

     
  • On 27 May 2009 at 03:57, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, Carol, don't give up on BP. You've made beautiful progress on it! Sorry to hear about the centering issue. I thought of the same solution as Deb: sew fabric to the edge to increase the margin. Personally, I LOVE seeing Quaker pieces that are framed close to the edge. Would that work?

    Wishing you smooth sailing for your surgery. Hope you make a quick recovery and can return to stitching again soon!

     
  • On 27 May 2009 at 09:54, Anonymous Anonymous

    Both samplers looks so beautiful! Amazing colours, great progress :)

     
  • On 27 May 2009 at 15:52, Blogger Karoline

    They both look lovely. I hope the surgery has gone well

     
  • On 27 May 2009 at 20:27, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    I'm glad you're able to stitch again, your projects are so lovely