< iStitch
Thursday 27 August 2009
Brown Bunny BAM



Brown Bunny, more affectionately known as BAM V, is now finished. Valie chose to stitch on a 40ct brown linen using DMC ecru, AVAS turquoise blue and tan threads. My friend has such a good eye for colour! And check out those rabbit/hare scissors. I really need a pair of these in my collection!



I chose to stitch on a 36ct creme French Gander linen using the recommended DMC floss 3032. I omitted the motif above 'bunny' as I had planned on adding a tiny rabbit charm in the space but he was a little too fat, maybe he has eaten far too well this summer? I have decided to 'finish' this as a pinkeep and I will attach the charm to the back.

The weather has changed dramatically and I do hope this is not the end of the summer! I have been charting motifs and alphabets into Macstitch and very soon I will begin to design.

Last night was our Stitch-n-Bitch group meeting. I worked a little on Beatrix Potter but I had to unpick at one point - too much chatting and not enough concentration!

'tpdebbie' asked me about Gander linen. It can be ordered from here although it looks as though they only do 32ct so I suggest that you email them and enquire about the higher count fabrics. I am lucky that my French friend makes sure I have a good supply :-)

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


18 Comments: