< iStitch
Thursday 22 October 2009
October update on Beatrix Potter


October has been a good month for my Beatrix Potter SAL but I think this was due to the all-day stitch-in at Caroline's house last weekend! I completed two large motifs, two small motifs and made a start on another at the bottom. I am determined to finish this by mid to end of February in time to get in framed for my sister's birthday in March. She is a great Beatrix Potter fan so, with any luck, she will be pleased to receive this.

I have also stitched a couple of Christmas ornaments but one was a disaster. It was stitched in red on white fabric so unpicking was not an option because red thread always seems to stain white fabric so I ditched the whole thing and will start that one again. The other one is stitched but needs to be finished.

The sun is shining today after a couple of really dark, gloomy and rainy days and I feel so much better. I have a lunch planned tomorrow with my friends from work and later in the afternoon I will be going to collect Kirby from Ashford train station. I have really missed her - chatting by text and on Facebook is just not the same!

The following weekend I am expecting a very special friend from across the channel for a quick visit - can you guess who that might be? I am so excited!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


15 Comments:


  • On 22 October 2009 at 13:36, Blogger Tracey

    Your sampler is looking lovely!! Sorry to hear your ornament didn't work out, red thread can be such a headache sometimes!

     
  • On 22 October 2009 at 14:32, Blogger BeckySC

    She's looking just beautiful. Carol :)

     
  • On 22 October 2009 at 15:35, Blogger Wawanna

    Happy for you & the sunshine! Miss Potter is looking outstanding, love the color! Have a great time at lunch and with your visit next week! Your blog is sooooo cute!

     
  • On 22 October 2009 at 16:00, Blogger Edgar

    BP is looking so pretty!!!

     
  • On 22 October 2009 at 17:01, Blogger valerie

    BP is coming along fantastically Carol...love that color. Sorry to hear one of your ornaments didn't work out.

    Go out and enjoy the sunshine and the time with your friend and Kirby. :) Sounds like a nice time!

     
  • On 22 October 2009 at 19:02, Blogger Tommye

    Beautiful job. Your sister is a lucky woman!

    tjbdesigns
    http://stitchingandbeading.blogspot.com

     
  • On 22 October 2009 at 22:54, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Your sampler is gorgeous. I know you are going to have a totally wonderful weekend with your very special guest.
    Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 23 October 2009 at 00:25, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    It's looking beautiful. I'm so glad the spurt forward has given you some well needed incentive to get this finished. As the white fabric lessens and the motifs increase you'll really leg it to the finish :>)
    Sorry about your red Christmas ornament but red really is notorious. I recently stitched a tiny red one over one and it bled here and there even without undoing any mistakes. The filaments of DMC115 really seem to catch and I just adore that thread.

    Please send some sunshine our way as it's still gloomy. Enjoy the weekend with Kirby and your friend. What a treat.
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 23 October 2009 at 10:42, Blogger Vaida

    It's a great progress! And it will be a wonderful gift ;)

     
  • On 23 October 2009 at 16:01, Blogger WendyJo

    The sampler is looking absolutely lovely Carol.

    I envy you and your "special" houseguest...you will have a wonderful visit I am sure!

     
  • On 23 October 2009 at 18:35, Blogger Andrea

    BP is looking gorgeous. Have a great weekend.

     
  • On 23 October 2009 at 19:20, Blogger glamlawlib

    Wow, you are a fast stitcher! I could never get that much done in a day! BP is looking great :)

    Enjoy the sun and your visitors :)

     
  • On 23 October 2009 at 22:19, Blogger Deb

    Oh, now you're really starting to leave me in the dust on Bea, Carol!! I have to use Dec., or Jan., to try to catch up!! :P
    Hugs, Deb

     
  • On 24 October 2009 at 10:44, Blogger Bonnie

    Your BP is looking great, Carol. I have sorely neglected mine.

     
  • On 25 October 2009 at 14:19, Blogger Karoline

    Beatrix is looking lovely, great progress