< iStitch
Thursday 15 October 2009
The Tale of the Tortoise


Yesterday evening it turned quite chilly and I noticed that Tommy had settled himself right down into the flower bed. This morning - no Tommy just a pile of soil! Yes once again he had buried himself down into the dirt so Ken gently moved the soil to get him up. As you can see he was really dirty so he gave him a wash down and put him into the patch of sunshine to dry off. He is now wandering around the garden again. This evening he will go into his box for his long Winter's sleep. Goodnight my little friend - see you in the Spring!




Those of you who are members of Facebook will know the 'laying down' game where people find the most peculiar places to lay down and be photographed. This is my lovely daughter-in-law, AnnMarie, joining in the fun! This 3-wheeler motorbike was left in her works car-park so she took the opportunity (whilst the owner wasn't around) to lay down. My son altered the registration plate to read 'Annie'!

Sorry there are no stitching pictures today but I am working hard on Sew Noel which, being on 55ct fabric, is taking a while to stitch so please be patient. The reaction to these little sampler charts have been overwhelming and, in future, I will have to make a small charge for any new charts, although I will be releasing an occasional freebie. As you can well understand it takes a lot of time designing, charting and stitching the model and, since posting these, I have sent out nearly 800 of Sew Red, Sew Blue and Sew Autumn which, as you can imagine, takes up a lot of time too! These 3 charts are still available at no cost. There is a Sew Winter, Sew Spring and Sew Summer in the pipeline which will be the same size as Sew Autumn for those of you wishing to make a bellpull or to stitch all four seasons on one piece of fabric. I am setting up a separate blog to keep all the charts in one place and there will be a link from this blog. I hope you all understand and continue to visit.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , , ,

 
|


13 Comments:


  • On 15 October 2009 at 11:53, Anonymous Anonymous

    AnnMarie's picture is a scream !

     
  • On 15 October 2009 at 12:27, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Love the picture and of course I will be more than happy to pay for your wonderful designs. And about time too! Lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 15 October 2009 at 12:48, Blogger Nic

    I'd be more than happy to pay for your designs - they are great! - and of course I understand why you need to get rewarded for your efforts - compliments are all very well, but they don't buy linen or threads ;o)

     
  • On 15 October 2009 at 13:00, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    That picture of Annie is priceless. I must admit I'm not familiar with this game but it looks as if it has loads of laughs attached to it. She looks great...haha!

    Well, if Tommy's going in his box tonight then I'm going too. It must be a sign that the beautiful Indian summer is at last over - what are we going to do. Have you got your SAD lamp yet...haha!
    Lovely pictures of Tommy!

    I think your designs are real bargains considering the amount of time it takes designing, stitching up and then sending out hundreds of email copies :>) Good luck with your new venture!
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 15 October 2009 at 14:04, Blogger stitchenmylifeaway

    AnnMarie's picture is a Hoot. I don't know id they do that here in the US but it would be fun to try it.
    Tommy is such a handsome lad!!
    How old is he?

    My Bumper has been in his box, in the laundry room, for a week now. I will wake him up to clean the box a couple time during the winter but he won't come out again in April. I take a pic and post it on my blog this weekend.

    Happy Stitching

     
  • On 15 October 2009 at 17:36, Blogger valerie

    Nitey-nite Tommy!

     
  • On 15 October 2009 at 17:58, Blogger tangerinedream73

    It's about time you charge for your patterns! I can't wait to see what's next. Keep up the good work! Sweet sleep Tommy.



    Amy Varnell-Miller

     
  • On 15 October 2009 at 19:04, Blogger Vaida

    I think it's a wonderful idea to start a small "designing" business - a small in the beginning, but who knows ;)!
    Lovely picture of Annie! And sweet dreems to the little tortoise :)))

     
  • On 15 October 2009 at 19:47, Blogger Theresa

    Ann Marie's photo put a smile on my face!!! So funny~~~~~

    Sweet dreams, Tommy!!

     
  • On 16 October 2009 at 01:17, Blogger Daffycat

    Nighty, night Tommy! See you next year!

     
  • On 16 October 2009 at 02:51, Blogger Anne

    Hurray Carol! More Sew designs. :) I love seasonal designs and can't wait for those. I'm very happy that you are going to start charging for your designs. Keep up the great designing. :)

     
  • On 18 October 2009 at 13:17, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Cool, you have a turtle that lives in your garden?

     
  • On 18 October 2009 at 20:22, Blogger Pascale

    Thanks Carol for posting on my blog. I came to visit yours and am amzed at the number of charts you have made. Well done to you. And I love your tortoise. Bravo.