< iStitch
Thursday 24 September 2009
A gift, a house guest and having fun!



As a thank you for sending her the Sew Red and Sew Blue charts, I received a lovely gift from Paula of Kelmscott Designs - a pair of her newest scissors, Tudor Rose and a pretty Adam and Eve needleminder. Thank you Paula - it's nice to be appreciated and thanks for the offer of help to 'turn professional'. I will definitely give this some thought.


While my daughter and son-in-law are away in Leicester for a few days after helping Kirby move to Loughborough, Hector is holidaying at my house. After a dull day yesterday, the sun decided to make an appearance and he found a sunny spot in the living room.


And Kirby seems to have made a great start to Freshers Week. She is already wearing her 'Towers' t-shirt and is obviously enjoying herself! You can party this week but remember that lectures start next week!

Last night was Stitch-n-Bitch so I took along Suzanne's Emblem of Love RR which arrived in yesterday's mail. I only half-stitched a motif so not enough to show yet. I am also working on a new design but it's still in it's early stages. I have 'finished' the belated birthday gift so I need to put together a package and get it in the mail to it's recipient.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , , , ,

 
|


11 Comments:


  • On 24 September 2009 at 13:57, Anonymous Anonymous

    This granddaughter of yours does look like you !
    I find that my boy is spending more time partying than studying...
    Hector looks like Cookie when she goes and lies in the rays of sun. Not today though - it's quite gloomy, but I am trapped inside, so it doesn't matter !
    Let me know when you are going professional. The scissors are lovely (it's a much better picture than on merchant sites).

     
  • On 24 September 2009 at 14:09, Blogger stitchersanon

    Oh to be that young again lol! I would put those yount themes to shame hehe.
    I think you should def. think about going professional. They are lovely charts adn I cannot wait to start them!

     
  • On 24 September 2009 at 16:59, Blogger Brigitte

    Your gift from Paula is really nice. I love these scissors, too.

     
  • On 24 September 2009 at 17:36, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I only have one thing to say to you - GO PROFESSIONAL! Lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 24 September 2009 at 19:01, Blogger Deb

    What a great thing to receive from Kelmcott - both are really great! I love your designs too and say go professional - but yet that takes up so much time doesn't it?

     
  • On 24 September 2009 at 23:43, Blogger Meari

    What nice gifts! Your DGD looks like she's having fun.

     
  • On 25 September 2009 at 02:59, Blogger Rachel V

    What a sweetie that Paula is! I just ordered a pair of the Tudor Rose scissors and can't wait till they arrive. Thanks again for sending out the Sew Red/Sew Blue charts -- I hope you might consider designing professionally, too!

     
  • On 25 September 2009 at 05:17, Blogger valerie

    What a lovely surprise Paula sent to you in the mail! How fun to have a little four legged visitor! Hector is cute!

     
  • On 25 September 2009 at 10:17, Blogger angelasweby

    What a lovely gift from Paula. She's such a thoughtful person. I love those scissors and her needle minders get more and more inventive all the time.
    Hector looks so comfy. Is nt it amazing how they seem to know exactly where the best place is for a snooze :>)
    Well, Kirby looks as if she's settling in well. I love the t shirts. Hopefully it's not too chilly on those shoulders or maybe, when you're that age, you don't feel the chill...haha!
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 25 September 2009 at 10:56, Blogger Elisa

    what a lovely scissors !!!
    have a good day

     
  • On 26 September 2009 at 12:31, Blogger Nina

    Your gifts are wonderful, this pair of scissors look great :)