< iStitch
Thursday 3 September 2009
The Tortoise and the Hare!


First up Tommy the tortoise. The weather has changed here and already he has become lethargic. I cannot believe that nearly six months has past and that it's not long now until he beds down for his long winter sleep!


And here's the Hare! I have coveted these scissors since Valie showed them on her blog with Brown Bunny and in this morning's mail arrives a pair of my very own (together with other goodies). Thank you my dear friend ... I shall have to be careful what I admire in future ... you spoil me too much!

And now for something completely different - a sneak preview of BAM VI. Valie is not quite ready to show her piece. The lady has to work long hours since her vacation and has no time to stitch.


This morning I received a package in the mail from Edgar - he knows I love dark chocolate; he knows that I cannot buy Midnight Milky Ways here in the UK; he also spoils me! Thank you Edgar.

I'm sorry for the poor photographs. Although the sun is making a fleeting appearance today, it's also very windy so I have had to take the picture indoors in bad light conditions.

I have to decide what to stitch on next. It should be a Christmas ornament although I have another design just waiting to be charted. No - a Christmas ornament it will be ..

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 3 September 2009 at 12:59, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    It looks like you had a nice mail day! Those scissors are lovely!

     
  • On 3 September 2009 at 15:52, Blogger Edgar

    You are so very welcome dear Carol - ENJOY!!!

     
  • On 3 September 2009 at 21:41, Blogger Kim B

    Stitchy bloggers are the sweetest people in the world!

     
  • On 3 September 2009 at 21:57, Blogger Daffycat

    Love the title of this post! Tommy getting sleepy is a sure sign that Autumn is around the corner!

    Sweet stash, you lucky stitcher!

     
  • On 3 September 2009 at 22:23, Blogger angelasweby

    What a lot of goodies on your blog today Carol :>)
    Like you, I can't believe summer is packing her bags and heading off for her holiday on the other side of the world. How will we survive without her. Perhaps like Tommy we should just go to bed until next April :>)
    Your scissors are absolutely gorgeous. What a thoughtful gift from Valie and, oh, yum, dark choccy Milky Ways from Edgar, what a treat!! And a treat in store for us too when we see your next BAM :>)
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 4 September 2009 at 19:14, Blogger Jo

    Oooh a pair of fabulous scissors AND chocolate...my kind of post :-) Poor Tommy must wonder what happened to our summer this year, lets hope its better next year for him. x