< iStitch
Friday 18 December 2009
A gift for Yuko

Click the picture for a close-up view

This pinkeep I recently sent to Yuko - it was a very very belated birthday gift together with a few extras - I am such a bad friend! I have heard from her to say that she has now received it. The pattern is by CA Wells and is part of a set called 'Hearts and Flowers Accessories' from the Sampler & Antique Needlework - A Year in Stitches book (1984). It is stitched on 35ct white Brussels linen with the recommended DMC threads. I tried a different finishing this time by using a narrow white silk ribbon to join the edges and was quite pleased with the result. I am so glad that Yuko likes it.

Although we were forecast snow last night it didn't happen although it's trying very hard. It's extremely cold and the rest of the county seems to have been hit. I am staying indoors and I am about to settle down to stitch Sew in Love.

Have a good weekend - I know I will as it's my birthday tomorrow - I am 'over twenty-one'!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 18 December 2009 at 15:42, Blogger Berit

    Happy Birthday to you, Carol and Happy Belated to Yuko. You are most definitely NOT a bad friend, btw.

    Beautifully sweet finish, also.

     
  • On 18 December 2009 at 19:54, Blogger valerie

    Very cute pinkeep! Oh...it's been a busy year. I'm sure Yuko was so happy! You're a great friend! =) I'll wish you a happy birthday here. By the time I get up....your day will be almost over. Have a wonderful day!

     
  • On 18 December 2009 at 23:36, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Happy Birthday to you etc. etc. etc. and aren't you glad I'm not singing it - cause my voice stinks!!! Anyway I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you have finished this pinkeep for Yuko but can't work out quite how you did it. But I do love it.

    Lots of Love
    and HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 18 December 2009 at 23:43, Blogger Marsha

    I hope you have a wonderful birthday. the pinkeep is very pretty and I love the ribbon stitching - very unigue and nice.

     
  • On 19 December 2009 at 02:30, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    It's beautiful and I really love that ribbon edging. Very clever :>)
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 19 December 2009 at 11:11, Blogger Robin

    Love your finished. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your snow!

     
  • On 20 December 2009 at 03:12, Blogger Yuko

    Thank you so so much for the Birthday gift!!
    I'm so oerwhelmed by your works always!!
    You're nor a bad friend at all, you are my precious friend, you know that! silly billy!
    By the way, Happy Birthday to you Carol, if you are a bad friend, I am also a bad friend of you, lol
    I will stitch something and will send you belated birthdaygift as soon as possible!

    I yet can't see what I'm writing as I have yet have font problem, lol

    Take care and chat with you soon!

    Yuko ((hugs))

     
  • On 22 December 2009 at 22:38, Blogger lena-lou

    Just passing by on a quick browse- my first for ages and I have to stop and say I love this Pinkeep very very much that you made for yuko. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Carol, all the best love Helen xx

     
  • On 23 December 2009 at 16:51, Blogger doris

    Wow! I'm spending a little time catching up with your blog, and it's startling to see all you've accomplished. Your ornaments and gifts are incredible! Truly amazing. I'm also wild for Sew Pink, and I can't wait to see your progress on Miss Bea.

    Congratulations on another trip around the sun.