< iStitch
Tuesday 1 December 2009
Snow days and a surprise gift



My Christmas ornaments are coming along - most of them are stitched so I need to put aside a day for finishing. I ❤ Snow Days (a Glory Bee freebie *here*) was a quick stitch and is now ready for finishing. The recipient's name is on the back - I wonder which little girl will get this to hang on her tree this year?




And a gift from dear Angela (no blog but who should have one to show off her perfect stitching and finishing). Angela was looking for coloured floss rings and I offered to send her some. She said she would send me some silver ones in exchange but, not only did she send the rings, she enclosed these 'extras' too - four delightful charms (she knows that I love keys) and two bundles of ribbons. She suggested that the white ribbons would come in very handy for a finish of Sew Winter - how right she is - such beautiful snowy white ribbon conjures up a winter finish! Thank you Angela for your kindness and generosity.

I also received another package - an early birthday gift - which I am saving to open on 'the day' - not too long to wait now. Where has the past year gone to?

Once the ornaments are finished, Sew Pink is the next design to be released, maybe next week? This will be followed fairly quickly by Sew in Love for those of you who are looking for something to stitch for that special Valentine.

I understand that there are some of you out there who would like to purchase my designs but are unable to do so because you do not have paypal. I am happy to accept either GB Pounds, US$ or Euros by snail mail but at your own risk. Please contact me for further details - my email address can be found on my profile.

A big thank you to all of you who have supported me in my venture into the designing world.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


8 Comments:


  • On 1 December 2009 at 12:13, Blogger Shari

    snow days is beautiful!! What fabric did you use?!?!!?
    What an awesome gift you received as well. Stitchers are great.

     
  • On 1 December 2009 at 13:26, Anonymous Anonymous

    I like Snow Days (although we get more Rainy Days...)
    Angela is very generous, and yes, we shall pressure her to put up a blog !

     
  • On 1 December 2009 at 13:40, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I love Snow Days - just hope we don't get much. Okay I don't want any, snow that is! Angela is coming here tomorrow and she had better watch out because I am going to start a blog for her! She is so lovely and I wish you didn't live so far away that the three of us never meet up.
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 1 December 2009 at 17:15, Blogger valerie

    What a fun ornie! Love it...Also love all the ribbon and charms.

    That reminds me that I need to purchase Sew Winter. So busy...keep forgetting.

     
  • On 1 December 2009 at 22:33, Blogger Annie Bee

    Snow days is such a cute ornament.

     
  • On 2 December 2009 at 04:17, Blogger Cathy B

    This is one of my favorite Glory Bee freebies! Looks great on that blue fabric you are using!

    Looking forward to more of your designs Carol!

     
  • On 2 December 2009 at 07:40, Blogger Akila

    I love the combination of the fabric and threads used.
    What lovely ribbons and charms too :)

     
  • On 2 December 2009 at 20:12, Blogger angelasweby

    CArol,
    Snow Days is so sweet, what a great expression on that snowman's face, It's a kind of smile that says - hmmm, I can smell more snow in the air...haha!

    The ribbons and charms look so pretty photographed against that icy cold blue background Carol. I'm glad you like them and know you will put them all to very gooD use :>) Can't wait to see how your finish Sew Winter.
    Hugs Angela