< iStitch
Saturday 7 November 2009
Shari's Sew Autumn



Shari sent me a picture of her finished Sew Autumn. The fabric is Chalice 32ct lugana; the thread is Dinky Dyes Nature/Autumn hues and she also told me that she ran out of thread and had to improvise with the border. Isn't this a pretty version? This chart is still available for free as part of the Sew Noel package here or click on the CHARTS logo on the sidebar.

Not a good stitching day for me yesterday. I started the Sew Winter model for the second time. I originally started this on a steel blue linen with an HDF natural silk thread which didn't look right so yesterday I used DMC S5200 which is white with a really high shine but ... this is one of the worse threads I have ever stitched with! It twisted; it separated and it fluffed up even when I used Thread Heaven. I stitched part of the border and two letters of the alphabet and, despite the fact that it looked quite nice against the blue, I had had enough so out it came. I have some AVAS Blanc Optique on order from NIAH for my third attempt so I hope this doesn't take too long to arrive and that it gives me the effect I am looking for.

I then decided to stitch a Christmas ornament. I sorted out a chart, the fabric and threads and started to stitch the border but, despite using 36ct linen, it was coming up enormous so I decided to make the border a lot smaller. Of course the design no longer fits inside the border so I will chart up the border into my Macstitch program and design my own centre.

It's a nice day today - the sun is out although it's a bit chilly.

Thanks for visiting and have a good weekend
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 7 November 2009 at 14:31, Blogger Shari

    thanks for posting my finish on your blog!!!! I appreciate it more than you will ever know!!!
    So sorry to hear you had a bad stitching day yesterday. I don't care for days like that!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

     
  • On 8 November 2009 at 09:59, Blogger angelasweby

    What a lovely version by Shari. Everyone looks so different.
    What a frustrating day. I hope you finally get the look you can see in your mind's eye. I know how important it is to get it exactly right :>)
    You've just made us even more intrigued :>)
    Can't wait to see your little ornament too.
    Have a lovely Sunday
    Angela :>)

     
  • On 8 November 2009 at 17:23, Anonymous Anonymous

    I like your new header ! Very classy. And the hearts have turned from blue to red, definitely in the mood for pre-Christmas preparation.
    I don't like working with satin thread either. I hope you have now found a satisfactory solution.
    Watch your email box :-)

     
  • On 8 November 2009 at 21:30, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I love the red hearts floating and the new header too - very classy! Shari's finish is really lovely. Wish I could see your little ornament - I HATE it when stuff comes out too big. I started to stitching something on 40ct and it sucked it was so big. Think it was meant to be stitched over one!
    Have a great week.
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 9 November 2009 at 15:18, Blogger WendyJo

    I just love your new header Carol..like everyone has said...very classy indeed!

    I love Shari's Sew Autumn!! Very very pretty!!

     
  • On 9 November 2009 at 17:36, Blogger Andrea

    A great finish from Shari. Some days nothing seems to go right.