< iStitch
Thursday 5 November 2009
Red!



In my red box, amongst other things red, were these charming lavender pillows and this stunning stitchers companion case, all beautifully sewn by Valie. Click on the picture and you will see how exquisite these are. Inside the companion is a skein of red silk, some pretty pins, a length of red lace and red scissors with a fob of red beads and a tiny tortoise charm. My friend spoils me - thank you Valie for your generosity!



For those of you who coveted my Eiffel Tower scissors in yesterday's post, here is another picture showing the size of these gorgeous scissors. Here is another pair of Eiffel Tower scissors with a beaded fob in my favourite colour and which has a teeny Eiffel Tower at it's end! Have I made you envious?

I made a start on the model for Sew Winter yesterday but I was not happy with the thread I had chosen so out came those tiny stitches. I was hoping to make a restart today with another thread but in this morning's mail came the latest Dan Brown book - The Lost Symbol - so I guess I will curl up on the sofa and read!

Did anyone notice the minor changes to my blog? I was fed up with my header picture and wanted a more neutral look so off came the picture and the stitching teddy is now in black and white and will probably be changed completely when I find something I like better. And also a slight name change 'iStitchaholic' has become 'iStitch' - the link is still the same - only the name has changed!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 5 November 2009 at 11:25, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    What beautiful and delicate red gifts from Valie. I can smell the lavender from here. She's such a talented and creative person. I love the pretty little embellishments which make them so special. The little needlbook is adorable and made even more so by it's accompanying red scissors and thread and pins. What lovely thoughtful gifts.

    Envious over your Eiffel Tower scissors...what do you think...haha! They are gorgeous. I especially love the beaded one with the baby Eiffel charm on the end. I can see a collection develping here :>)
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 12:38, Blogger Kathy A.

    Am I jealous of your beautiful Eiffel scissors? You bet. They are truly unique. Your red package is just so gorgeous. Valie is one talented lady. Lucky you.

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 14:48, Blogger Michelle

    Carol, your gift is exquisite!

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 15:41, Blogger Susimac

    Beautiful gifts from Valie, I am so envious of your lovely eiffel tower scissors, both pairs are stunners.

    Lovely gifts you received from her too, as always her work is gorgeous.

    I noticed your changes, I thought it was my computer at forst then I realised LOL!! It looks great.

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 16:36, Blogger Berit

    I especially love the button/grosgrain closure! The colours all work so well together.

    As for the changes, I think they are very nice; subtle and classy.

    Ah, scissors! I am always admiring and/or envious of them! :D

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 17:23, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am blushing RED with all these compliments - I am glad you enjoy these gadgets though !
    I have seen the changes and to me they didn't come without previous warning. You should include a couple of your designs in the header. :-)

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 18:12, Blogger Dovilė

    fabulous:)

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 18:51, Blogger valerie

    Lovely red gifts and scissors!

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 19:10, Blogger Vaida

    It's a great gift, and so nicely finished! Aren't stitchers the greatest and most generous friends ;)?

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 20:11, Blogger Theresa

    WOW!!!!!!! The red gifts are soooooo amazing!!!! Valie is so talented!!! You are so lucky to have such a friend~

     
  • On 5 November 2009 at 22:27, Blogger Daffycat

    The red gifts are so pretty, Carol. The scissors are still awesome...omg you have two different ones!

    I'd noticed you had gone to iStich a while back but hadn't seen the header photo was gone!

     
  • On 6 November 2009 at 14:20, Blogger Andrea

    Beautiful gifts.