< iStitch
Saturday 31 October 2009
Sew Autumn and Sew Blue from Japan



I heard from Yu in Japan that she has finished stitching not one but two of my designs. Firstly Sew Autumn - this is stitched on Zweigart 40ct tea dyed linen with a Japanese thread Cosmo 2311. I love this one - the colours are amazing and it has a real Autumn look to it. I think I prefer it to my original!



Secondly, Sew Blue - Yu again used a Cosmos thread (734) but on Zweigart 40ct antique white linen. I really like the look of these threads and I am checking with the company that makes them to see if there is a supplier in the UK. Well done Yu - two lovely versions which make me want to stitch them again!

If anyone has been wondering what has happened to Yuko, she has asked me to tell you that 'sweetie' - her adorable little son - is ill in hospital with a virus. He is recovering slowly but both he and Yuko are confined to his hospital room. She will be back blogging as soon as she can. Get well sweetie!

My visitor arrives tomorrow - I hope the weather improves for her visit. It's dull, gloomy and raining but we will not let this ruin our plans.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 31 October 2009 at 14:48, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    Both those finishes are beautiful! Yu did a lovely job.

    Thanks for the update on Yuko - I'm so sorry that sweetie is ill :(

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 15:50, Blogger Berit

    Carol, these are incredible finishes of Yu's! I feel my need to stitch them increasing!

    Please let Yuko know that we are all keeping her and sweetie in our prayers. Get well soon!

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 17:13, Blogger angelasweby

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 17:24, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    These two stitched pieces by Yu are so pretty. Isn't it amazing how different threads can give a totally different feel to a design. I love those colours.

    Thankfully Tass is on the mend but it's been a really exhausting time for Yuko. Hopefully she'll be back with us soon :>)

    Have a lovely time with your friends. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the weather.
    Warm hugs Angela

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 17:32, Blogger valerie

    Lovely finishes by Yu. So sorry to hear that Yuko's son has been ill. I hope he's quickly on the mend! Have fun this weekend...

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 17:50, Blogger Cathy B

    Your designs are beautiful Carol!

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 18:22, Blogger Theresa

    Wonderful finshes from Yu!!!
    I'm so sorry to hear sweetie is ill!!! I hope he will recover very soon!!! Thanks for the update!!

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 18:46, Blogger Vaida

    Thanks for sharing lovely pictures of Yu's versions of your samplers - they both look gorgeous. I especially like the autumn's colour - real autumn leaves!

    Have a great time with your guest!

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 19:58, Anonymous Anonymous

    True November weather. Don't worry on my account, I love it !
    I am getting terribly impatient...
    See you tomorrow - 4:06pm !

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 20:07, Blogger Anne

    Both finishes are beautiful, Yu did a great job! I wish you to have a nice day with your visitors tomorrow!

     
  • On 1 November 2009 at 15:37, Blogger Marie en Roses

    Elles sont magnifiques!!!
    et dire que je suis en train de terminer le sew red!

     
  • On 2 November 2009 at 16:56, Blogger Andrea

    Beautiful finishes from Yu. I may have to pinch the tea dyed linen idea. :)
    Here's hoping sweetie gets better soon.