< iStitch
Thursday, 29 October 2009
WIP - Sew Noel


My daughter Nicola decided that, as she liked Sew Noel so much, she would pick up a needle and thread after not stitching for many years. She picked a cream 28ct evenweave linen with Caron Waterlilies 'Holiday' silk thread for most of the sampler but stitched the holly in a silver metallic thread. My picture does not do this justice and I will post another picture (hopefully a much better one) when she is done.

Not much stitching for me these past few days although there are a couple of part-stitched ornaments waiting to be finished and I have been working on the chart for Sew Spring. I went to the new Hobby Craft at Westwood Cross (Thanet) but I wasn't overly impressed and only brought some card and a couple of threads.

This weekend brings a visitor from across the English channel for a short visit. I am sure we will cram in as much as we can during the time we have - I can't wait to see you my friend!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
Photobucket posted by Carol R at 23:12 | Permalink | Photobucket


15 Comments:


  • On 29 October 2009 at 23:54, Blogger BeckySC

    I love the way it's turning out, Carol and i LOVE that you DD is stitching again! Way to go, Mom, creating something that brought her back to stitching :)

    I WILL be ordering this one from you VERY soon :)
    ((hugs))

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 00:13, Blogger Shari

    very pretty!!!! Good to hear the younger generation is stitching!!!
    I hope to finish sew autumn this weekend. Once I finish it & the other 2, I plan to order this one!!

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 00:40, Blogger staci

    Your daughter's stitching is lovely! And what a beautiful design...no wonder she picked up a needle after all this time :)

    Have fun with your friend!

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 01:12, Blogger Myra

    Your DD is doing a beautiful job with your pattern!

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 05:08, Blogger Berit

    So colorful! :D

    Have a GREAT stitchy-visit weekend!

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 11:01, Blogger Michele B.

    I'm not surprised that your design brought your daughter back into the fold - it's just so pretty. The silver holly is such a nice touch. I'm intrigued to find out who your mystery guest is!

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 11:55, Blogger Patti

    Your DD is doing you proud with her stitching. I just know you and your friend from the other side of the Chanel are going to have a great weekend.
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 13:58, Blogger Michelle

    I'm so glad to hear that your DD is stitching again! The thread is perfect - very festive!

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 14:22, Blogger WendyJo

    So good to hear Nicole has picked up the needle and thread again. This is so pretty!

    Have alot of fun this weekend and looking forward to hearing about it on next week.

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 16:06, Blogger Lesleyanne

    Your daughter is stitching your design beautifully.

     
  • On 30 October 2009 at 23:05, Blogger VALIE

    Loads of fun to be expected, of course.

     
  • On 31 October 2009 at 13:50, Blogger Susan

    Enjoy your visit with your friend!

    Your daughter's Sew Noel is coming along beautifully.

     
  • On 1 November 2009 at 09:09, Blogger Brigitte

    So great to get your daughter back into stitching with your own design. Cool! Her thread choice is terrific.

     
  • On 1 November 2009 at 12:42, Blogger Angela

    What a lovely version of Sew Noel this is turning out to be. It's a huge compliment when your daughter wants to stitch your design :>)
    Enjoy your time with your friend.
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 2 November 2009 at 03:11, Blogger Sue

    How pretty! I just ordered it and did Paypal but I don't have the PDF file download. Could you please check on that? Thanks a bunch!