< iStitch
Friday 22 April 2011
Brown bunnies are multiplying!





Two more 'Sew a Brown Bunny' finishes. The first is by the lovely Becky of Becky Bee's Stitching Hive. Stitched on 32ct linen hand-dyed by Becky with GAST threads, Becky finished this as a pillow with green and white gingham fabric.and she also added lace through which she ran a length of brown and white gingham ribbon. There is also something slightly different to the original pattern - can you see what? There are more pictures over on Becky's blog.




The second 'Brown Bunny' is stitched by Karen of 'Karen's Handiwork' who stitched it on 36ct linen with ST Maple Syrup and Chives.

A big thank you to both Becky and Karen for letting me showcase their beautiful versions of Sew a Brown Bunny. The chart is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.

If you have any iStitch Design that you have stitched and finished, I would love to see them and showcase them here. My email address can be found on my profile so just send me a picture, details of fabrics and threads and a link to your blog.


Does anyone know Colleen H of New Brunswick Canada? She ordered a chart from me which I have sent to her twice at the address supplied by Paypal. On both occasions it has bounced back. Colleen, if you are reading this, please contact me with an alternative email address.


Stitchnmomma failed to collect her prize in my recent giveway so I drew another number - 3 - which is Bertie of Samplers & Buttons. Congratulations to Bertie!


You may wonder what I've been up to lately. I have finished stitching the model for my new design but it needs to be 'finished'. As I do not have any suitable backing fabric, this means a trip to the fabric store in Canterbury. A small hint - scissors. So those of you who are, like me, a scissor addict, you might just like this one!

My 'bug' is at long last on it's way out although I still have a nagging cough and I am extremely tired but I'm feeling a lot better today. The sun is shining so no guesses as to where I will be spending the remainder of the day! The question is 'shall I stitch or read'?

Thanks for visiting - have a wonderful Easter
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


8 Comments:


  • On 22 April 2011 at 12:19, Blogger Lili

    Lovely works!
    Happy Easter!

     
  • On 22 April 2011 at 12:48, Blogger Maggee

    I also finished Sew a Brown Bunny--will send a picture to your email. All the variations are cute! Looking forward to your next design! Hope that you are feeling better every day! Hugs.

     
  • On 22 April 2011 at 13:18, Blogger Bertie

    Thank you Carol, you made my Easter:)))
    The Sew Animalistic is lovely.
    Hugs

     
  • On 22 April 2011 at 13:29, Blogger Dora

    All pretty finishes.
    Happy Easter!

     
  • On 22 April 2011 at 15:12, Blogger Shari

    they look great!!! You created a wonderful design Carol....glad to see you are feeling better....my finished photo is on it's way to you!!

     
  • On 22 April 2011 at 16:31, Blogger valerie

    Great stitching by Becky and Karen! I finished mine up too but now my internet is down at home. Ugh...hope that doesn't take long to fix.

    Have fun in the garden! Glad you are feeling better too...

     
  • On 22 April 2011 at 16:53, Blogger Brenda

    Oh I love the big pillow.

    I started mine the other day on natural linen but now I want to do one on white. So this one will definitely be done a few times over. It's a great chart to take while at the baseball practices!

    Keep up the great work designing!

     
  • On 24 April 2011 at 22:58, Blogger Karen

    This was such a fun design to stitch! I can see this one being stitched again.... thanks!