< iStitch
Monday 4 July 2011
A new start


Click on the picture for a closeup view

I know I should not really be having a new start but I could not resist this one! This is a free chart called 'Tante Minna' and can be found on Sylvia's blog *here*. I am stitching on 48ct walnut ink dyed Gander linen with HDF OMG Red 1149. The needle is a 28 Bohin which shows exactly how tiny this will be! For those who love scissors these are Dovo's Victorian Treasures.




Red roses are one of my favourite flowers. This bouquet is displayed in a posy vase that has a flower frog inside. Yes - I am using a flower frog for it's intended purpose!

I still need to 'finish' Sew Forth and Sew Scattered before photographing them and releasing the charts but the weather is much too nice to stay indoors. Also I actually went to work for two days last week to cover for someone who is sick. It seemed strange to sit in my old office; it seems the lady who sits in there now is rather untidy and I had to clear up the desk before I could start as I really cannot work in a mess. I also had to turn my mind back to using a pc as I think my brain is in 'mac mode' but I soon caught on. I wondered whether to save my pennies but I decided to treat myself to a Kindle instead. I know I can read books on my iPad but, as you know, I like to read outside and the sun reflects badly on the iPad screen. I understand that the Kindle screen is much more easy to read in sunlight.

I have join the French SAL Guimauve et Violette *here*. Two parts have been released so I have to catch up but the parts are quite small so, hopefully, it won't be too much of a problem. I have decided on 38ct nacre Gander linen but have yet to choose my threads.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


5 Comments:


  • On 4 July 2011 at 13:01, Blogger Kathy A.

    oh my - a flower frog being used as intended. How unusual lol. Those roses look spectacular!
    Lovely new stitches. Happy July 4th!

     
  • On 4 July 2011 at 13:07, Blogger Daniela

    Love your new start on Tante Minna and thanks for sharing the link. I really love this sampler and I think I will have to stitch it as well.

     
  • On 4 July 2011 at 14:22, Blogger Suburban Stitcher

    that start looks lovely!

     
  • On 4 July 2011 at 19:13, Blogger Dora

    Your new start looks great and your description of the accessories was so nice to include. I hope to stitch that someday as I printed it when you shared the link awhile back.
    Glad to hear about the good weather where you are.

     
  • On 6 July 2011 at 00:50, Blogger Kate

    Lovely new start and flowers in a flower frog - how unusual!