< iStitch
Friday 10 June 2011
Scissors, more scissors and a sneak peek!





These beautiful scissors are my latest finds from ebay. The top pair are marked 'Nogent' whilst the other pair have the intials GC on them - see the picture below for a closeup or better still click on the pictures for a really closeup view! I paid 5 euros for each pair - such a bargain.




I wonder who 'GC' was and how it came about that her/his scissors ended up on on ebay? Or were they a gift from G to C? I will never know but I do know that these scissors are a welcome addition to my collection and I will always treasure them.




Also in today's post I received a box containing these beautiful Sajou cart scissors from a dear friend in Florida - she knows who she is - thank you so much. These scissors have been on my wish list since Sajou released them but I never imagined that I would ever actually own a pair! I am so blessed to have such a generous friend.




And now a little tease. This is a sneak peek on my latest iStitch design. It is stitched on white (despite looking rather grey in the picture) 40ct Newcastle linen with four delicate shades of HDF silk threads. For want of a better name, I have called this one Sew Four and it will be available shortly.

We are having such awful weather here these past few days. I really hope that it brightens up over the weekend as the whole family are going to the Real Deal Scooter Club's 'White Cliffs Weekender' and it will be such a shame if it rains.

Thanks for visiting, have a good weekend and
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 10 June 2011 at 16:17, Blogger cerato

    Beautiful scissors. I love them!!
    Have a nice weekend

     
  • On 10 June 2011 at 17:25, Blogger Simone

    Your scissors are gorgeous! Didn't know you could find such beautiful treasures on Ebay....
    Love the peek of your new design also!

     
  • On 10 June 2011 at 17:28, Blogger Bertie

    Gorgeous scissors Carol, love the oldies. Have not seen this Sajou scissors yet it is a stunner, mind you I stay away from that website a bit or I will be so tempted lol.
    Have a lovely weekend.

     
  • On 10 June 2011 at 17:49, Blogger Ruth

    Beautiful on all fronts..... and may your weather be perfect for your weekend adventure!

     
  • On 10 June 2011 at 17:58, Blogger valerie

    Beautiful scissors and sneak peek of your new design! Can't wait to see it!

     
  • On 10 June 2011 at 18:21, Blogger angelasweby

    Wow Carol,
    What fabulous scissors. I love the elegance of them and what a bargain they were, too!! I love trying to imagine who might have owned them.
    The Sajou scissors are just stunning. What a wonderful gift. You must be a very special friend :-)
    I love the look of Sew Four. Very tantalizing!!
    A xx

     
  • On 11 June 2011 at 00:59, Blogger Maggee

    Oh I am already loving that new design!! And those scissor are all exquisite! Have fun scootering this weekend! Hugs!

     
  • On 11 June 2011 at 09:33, Anonymous Anonymous

    Fantastic finds ! I am jealous... A the Sajou scissors are no small gift.
    Didn't know you rode a scooter... Still I hope you will have great weather as the event seems fun.

     
  • On 19 June 2011 at 16:16, Blogger Barbara

    You are such a tease!!! and the scissors are amazing.

    Blessings