< iStitch
Tuesday 3 May 2011
WIPs




First up is an update on Jane Rees. As you can see she is coming along slowly but surely - nearly four pages done and only 21 more to go!





I also made a start on Douceur de vivre by Jardin Privé.

As can be seen by the needles in both fabrics both of these pieces are stitched on high count linens. Jane is on blanc cassé 55ct Gander linen with Soie Surfine 109 whilst the other is on nacre 48ct Gander linen with an HDF conversion. I need to stitch with a magnifier under my Ottlite on both pieces - I hope I still have my eyesight when these are finished! Click on the pictures for closeup views.





Maggee of Stitching Devotee sent me a picture of her finished of iStitch Designs Easter freebie. Unfortunately she did not let me know what thread or fabric she used. Maybe you can let us know Maggee? Whatever you used it certainly is very pretty and thank you for allowing me to post this here.

This Easter freebie is still available *here* - you could get a head start for next year!


Kirby has now gone back to Uni after a month's Easter break. I will miss her a lot. I have a great picture of her to post but will leave it for another day.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


13 Comments:


  • On 3 May 2011 at 12:27, Blogger Nancy

    Everything looks so pretty - yours and Maggie's!

     
  • On 3 May 2011 at 12:58, Blogger Maggee

    Oops!! I stitched it on 25-count "Lavender Bliss" lugana (which looks pink to me!!) using a DMC thread, 602 I think. Very easy stitch, loved every minute of it! Hugs!

     
  • On 3 May 2011 at 13:16, Blogger Carol

    Beautiful WIPs, Carol--I can't imagine stitching on those high counts of fabric! My mother is always worried about how stitching will affect my eyesight, too, but I can't imagine living without my needle and thread :)

     
  • On 3 May 2011 at 14:50, Blogger Meari

    Your WIPs look pretty, Carol. Do you use a magnifier? I'd be going blind, too!

     
  • On 3 May 2011 at 15:49, Blogger Karoline

    Both yourwips look gorgeous & Maggie's pillow is lovely

     
  • On 3 May 2011 at 16:38, Blogger valerie

    Beautiful stitching! I wonder if I can graduate to Gander. I probably would need a magnifier for sure. I can manage the 40 count without one. Maggee's finish is darling!

    How lucky that Kirby has a month Easter break. Makes me want to be a student again! lol

     
  • On 3 May 2011 at 17:47, Blogger Poussy Stitches My Love

    oh absolument merveilleux !
    bisous bisous de France

     
  • On 3 May 2011 at 22:03, Blogger Shelleen

    Everything looks great!

     
  • On 3 May 2011 at 22:03, Blogger Nicky

    Your sampler is beautiful - did I read that correctly -21 MORE pages??

     
  • On 4 May 2011 at 15:00, Blogger staci

    Your stitching is always so elegant Carol!

     
  • On 4 May 2011 at 15:11, Blogger Kate

    Beautiful WIPS - 21 more pages to stitch - now that's what I call hardcore!
    Where do you get your linen from? It always looks so gorgeous but it's not one I have seen for sale.

     
  • On 5 May 2011 at 16:20, Blogger Lisa

    Jane is looking lovely, but wow I didn't realise she was going to be so huge! Love your new Jardin Prive wip as well.

     
  • On 9 May 2011 at 12:29, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    Jane Rees is coming along beautiful - I was about to say that she looks almost finished, until you told me there was another 17 pages to go!