< iStitch
Sunday 22 May 2011
Douceur de vivre update!



Another update of Douceur de vivre. I foolishly left the border as I was enjoying filling in the little boxes but I've now decided to do the border next and save the two little boxes as I am afraid if I do the boxes next, the border will get left and this will remain unfinished!




These two little flower/scissor frogs were an ebay win. They are a matching pair and originated from Reims in France. The little silver dishes need a polish but they are in a really condition. I have given one to Kirby and kept one for myself; I expect when I shuffle off this mortal coil the pair will be re-united. Now to find some more scissors to fill those little holes.




And a new start. This is for my son Justin and AnnMarie's 2nd wedding anniversary. The linen is 40ct antique white; the thread is HDF Jadeite 2467 which is actually a more teal shade that it looks in the picture.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


14 Comments:


  • On 22 May 2011 at 18:12, Blogger Carol R

    Test comment - someone experiencing a problem in leaving a comment!

     
  • On 22 May 2011 at 18:26, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol I love the way your Jardin Prive piece is coming along. I agree about tackling the border now. I did mine as I went along as it can seem a bit repetitive if left to the end. .
    Well done on winning those two gorgeous flower frogs. I haven't been lucky enough to win one yet!! Bet Kirby is thrilled with hers :-)
    Can't wait to see your finished piece for the anniversary. Its looking lovely already
    Angela xx

     
  • On 22 May 2011 at 20:22, Blogger Jo

    Your Douceur de vivre is absolutely beautiful.

     
  • On 22 May 2011 at 22:27, Blogger Katrina

    Both of your wips are looking lovely Carol :)

     
  • On 22 May 2011 at 23:32, Blogger Dora

    I enjoyed seeing your progress on Jardin Prive. It's looking so pretty.

     
  • On 23 May 2011 at 02:13, Blogger valerie

    Great progress on your JP piece! I love that Teal color you are using for the anniversary piece. Can't wait to see more!

     
  • On 23 May 2011 at 09:44, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey, lucky you for winning these two glass frogs. All the French ones used to be made in Reims by VMC, which has now closed down. What is the base ? Have you checked ?

     
  • On 23 May 2011 at 12:59, Blogger Kathy A.

    Very lovely house stitch. I sure understand stopping for that border.
    Great find on the scissor frogs.
    Your anniversary piece looks lovely. Look forward to seeing it finished.

     
  • On 23 May 2011 at 15:33, Anonymous Anonymous

    your Douceur de Vivre piece is absolutely gorgeous, I love those flower frogs too, I bet you'll have fun filling it up with shiny new scissors x
    looks like I have fixed the problem i was having commenting yesterday - yeah!

     
  • On 23 May 2011 at 17:54, Blogger Elisa

    Wow both your WIPs are gorgeous...love the colours on both xx

     
  • On 23 May 2011 at 18:24, Blogger Deb

    Your piece is so pretty. I just love the colors in it. And love those flower frogs too. I'm a huge collector of frogs and have one of those too.

     
  • On 24 May 2011 at 14:39, Blogger Kate

    WIPS looking great!
    Super Ebay finds and a lovely start on the anniversary piece.

     
  • On 26 May 2011 at 07:01, Blogger Nicole

    It's the first Time I visit your blog...
    very beautiful works!
    Nicole
    (the finish of my little pillow is made with crochet)

     
  • On 29 May 2011 at 10:30, Blogger Lennu

    Oh your Douceur de vivre is looking great, it's a lovely design and I want to stitch it one day myself too :) The anniversary sampler is very beautiful too!