< iStitch
Wednesday 10 August 2011
Gifts, Sew French Blue and the Mystery SAL *EDITED**CLOSED*




I received not one, but two, lovely gifts from dear Angela. Firstly, this absolutely beautiful monogram ornament, stitched over 1 with two shades of red floss which matches perfectly both the red velvet backing and the ribbon hanger.




Secondly, one of Angela's pin books also in red. The above is the front and inside ...




... a delightful red felting with a pretty bow and red pins. Now you too can be the owner of one or more of these little pin books. There are many different ones available and more pictures are shown on Margaret's blog *here* scroll down, but not too quickly as Margaret has some lovely stitching on show, and you will see the Eiffel Tower, Keep Calm and Carry On and even a mermaid or two! Each pin book is printed onto quality card stock which is then gently distressed for an aged look look and measures approximately 3" x 1½". Each one has a matching wool felt interior and three pearl headed pins. These will make ideal gifts for stitching friends although I think you will find these very difficult to give away! If you are interested , email me (my email address can be found on my profile) and I will put you in touch with Angela who does not have a blog but if you click on *here* it will take you to her 'picture trail' and you can see her amazing work. Thank you Angela for these very thoughtful gifts.





Last, but by no means least, is Brenda's lovely version of Sew French Blue which she stitched as a birthday gift for a friend. It is stitched on 32ct white Belfast linen with HDF Ocean Breeze. Brenda tells me that she got the frame from *here* - you let them know the dimensions and back comes the perfect frame. Thank you Brenda for allowing me to showcase your beautiful stitching.

Sew French Blue is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.

And now, iStitch Designs Mystery SAL. I continue to be astonished at the reaction to this SAL and I have had well over 100 sign-ups! I had originally set the number at 100 but I received so many emails that I have added another 25 places and these places are filling fast. So if you want to participate and do not want to be disappointed, please email me now. Thank you to all those who have signed-up, I really hope you will enjoy stitching my design. This is a great way for me to find new blogs to visit too. If you gave me your blog url I have been to visit in the past few days and have found some really lovely stitching and crafting on show. I will be posting a list of participants with links to blogs (if applicable) either tomorrow or Thursday. If you think you are 'signed-up' but do not see your name on the list, please get in touch immediately. I may even give you a 'sneak peek' ;-)

*EDITED* *CLOSED* I will post again if anyone drops out!

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , , ,

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 10 August 2011 at 12:57, Blogger Solstitches

    What beautiful gifts Angela sent.
    The framed initial is gorgeous and of course I'm lucky enough to have a few examples of Angela's little pin cards.
    They are so pretty and just the perfect little something to tuck into a gift package for a stitchy friend.
    Sew French Blue looks beautiful in the custom frame.
    Looking forward to the SAL and feeling very relieved that I am "in"
    Margaret

     
  • On 10 August 2011 at 16:05, Blogger Gabi

    Gorgeous gifts. Angela stitching and finishing is just lovely.
    Sew French Blue looks great too

     
  • On 11 August 2011 at 02:57, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    Angela's gifts are beautiful - just gorgeous!

    Congratulations on getting such a tremendous response to your SAL - that's awesome, Carol!

     
  • On 11 August 2011 at 10:41, Blogger Hazel

    Oh I am sad that I missed this sal. I must have been away when you posted about it. Please let me know if anyone drops out. Thanks Carol. x

     
  • On 12 August 2011 at 04:01, Blogger Brenda

    OOOOoooo.....to see my friends framed piece here makes me feel sooo special to see it on your blog!

    She LOVED her picture and I'm doing another for her xmas present this year!

     
  • On 18 August 2011 at 21:54, Anonymous Anonymous

    oh Carol I am so sad that i missed this mystery sal, I've not been online for a while as I don't keep very well, and I must have been in hospital when everyone was talking about it, please can you let me know if you are ever letting more people join or if there is anyone dropping out
    thank you x