< iStitch
Thursday 7 July 2011
SAL Guimauve et violette


Click on the picture for a closeup view


As mentioned in my previous post, I joined the French *SAL Violette et guimauve and I have now stitched Parts 1 and 2. I chose 38ct nacre Gander linen and three colours from the HDF palette WinterBerry 1433, WinterBerry 1421 and Mauve 1439. This was a quick and easy stitch and I enjoyed it immensely. Part 3 is due out on July 16 (my late mother's birthday). If you want to join this SAL go *here* where you will find details (in French). The charts Parts 1 and 2 are here even if you do not want to join the SAL.

* I have just realised that I have the name of this SAL the wrong way round - it's SAL Guimauve et violette - opps!




A few weeks ago my Stitch-n-Bitch group decided they would like to make beaded scissors fobs so I showed them how to use their little Eiffel Towers and a selection of beads to make the above fob. Didn't they all make a good job?

I have decided to have a 'finishing morning' for Sew Forth and Sew Scattered so if I can finish these today and the light enables me to take some pictures, I will release both charts in the next day or so.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels:

 
|


3 Comments:


  • On 7 July 2011 at 16:09, Blogger Roberta

    Love the SAL you are doing - great colors. The scissor fob finishes are also wonderful.

    Love that you have used a "frog" for its actual purpose. The roses are beautiful.

     
  • On 7 July 2011 at 19:23, Blogger valerie

    Sweet SAL...love the colors! Love the fobs too. Sounds like a fun day at your stitch group.

     
  • On 8 July 2011 at 01:18, Blogger Maggee

    How funny! This weekend my stitching group is coming to my house and we are going to learn to make fobs too!! Deja Vu! I have the SAL charts so far... pretty tiny stitching, but beautiful colors! Hugs.