< iStitch
Monday 11 July 2011
More scissors and an award!



Click on the picture for a closeup view


These scissors are the latest addition to my scissors collection. This lovely pair of ornate scissors are from Toledo in Spain and were made by the Tres Claveles company. They date back to the 1970s and are 3½" long with impressed leaves and fleur de lis on the handles and a blackened damascene pattern on the blade. They have already taken up residence in one of my glass frogs!




A few weeks ago our Stitch-n-Bitch group met up for an afternoon/evening firstly so that June could teach us how to make quilted pouches and here is my effort. I raided my fabric stash and you may even have contributed to this pouch as a couple of these fabrics were gifts from fellow stitchers/bloggers! The pouch is lined with the plain pink fabric. June makes the most fabulous pouches - I have a gorgeous one in black and white in my laptop bag which holds the charger and a mouse which she gave me a part of a birthday gift. I hope to make a few more of these in the future and, hopefully, will get more prolific with practice. The second reason for our meeting was to celebrate June's birthday - we had a lovely afternoon and evening with a Chinese takeout.




Lastly but by no means the least, Elisa of Old Ragged Threads has very kindly awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. What an honour - thank you Elisa!

The rules of the award are :

1 Thank the person who has awarded you
2 List seven thing about yourself
3 Pass the award to 15 other stylish bloggers

Seven stitching related things about me:

1 I love to stitch miniature - usually on very high count linens (48 and 55ct)
2 I use Bohin 28 needles
3 I have a complete set of DMC threads (and spares) which I rarely use
4 I taught children's cross stitch classes in my LNS
5 My first design was a scissor fob which I made for my daughter
6 Despite having a very large collection of scissors I use the same pair of Dovo scissors
7 I have numerous UFO's and completed stitching awaiting framing/finishing

Now to give the reward to 15 other stylish bloggers. This is difficult as I think that everyone who takes the time out to blog deserves an award. In no particular order, here goes:

1 Valie's Blog
2 NieNie Dialogues
3 Time to Xstitch
4 The Craft Room
5 Blacksheep's bit of the Web
6 The Cherry Blossom Girl
7 Sylvia K Kreuzstich Liebe
8 Amy Stitches
9 Danybrod
10 Chez Elisa
11 Fog City Dweller
12 Mademoiselle A ...
13 Plum Street Samplers
14 Tempus Fugit
15 Spinster Stitcher



**************************************


The model for Sew Strawberry Fields is stitched and I need to 'finish' it. I have also made a new start on another design - not too sure about the name yet so this will be a surprise for both you and me!

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 12 July 2011 at 00:48, Blogger Maggee

    LOVE the scissors!! Were they terribly expensive? And I LOVE your patterns! I have man and will get more soon, just have to complete one or two more (it's that guilty conscience thing!!)... Hugs.

     
  • On 12 July 2011 at 01:54, Blogger Shelley

    Love love love those scissors - absolutely stunning :). Lovely work on your little pouch too, its gorgeous!

     
  • On 12 July 2011 at 03:08, Blogger Gabi

    What lovely scissors. Simply gorgeous.

     
  • On 12 July 2011 at 05:18, Blogger valerie

    Thanks for the award Carol. Love the scissors and the little bag!

     
  • On 12 July 2011 at 14:33, Blogger Denise

    The Scissors are beautiful, I just love them.
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

     
  • On 12 July 2011 at 18:33, Blogger angelasweby

    Oooh beautiful scissors Carol. They really are special. I can see why you adore them. Your collection must be quite impressive. I love the little pouch. You've made a great job of it. Such a pretty combination of fabrics.
    Can't wait to see your new Strawberry design and congratulations on the award. It's so nice to be singled out by a fellow blogger. You've listed some blogs I've never seen before so will be checking those out.
    Angela xx

     
  • On 28 July 2011 at 14:34, Anonymous Anonymous

    Pretty scissors - I have almost similar ones, except the blades are not engraved like yours.
    Wish I could have attended June's "pouch class" - I definitely need a teacher to prompt me into making things.