I finished stitching Part 5 of the French SAL Guimauve et Violette. I am not enjoying this as much as I did when I started it but I think this is down to the fact that she is only supplying small colour charts which print up rather blurry and therefore makes my eyes ache trying to follow the chart!
Pam sent me a picture of her finish of Sew Many Keys. She stitched this 1*1 on 40ct HDF Dark Brown Bunny linen with HDF silk thread Kindling and you can tell by the picture just how tiny this is! I am looking forward to seeing how Pam decides to 'finish' this one. Thank you Pam for allowing me to showcase your lovely stitching here.
Sew Many Keys is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.
I have stitched up Part 6 of the Mystery SAL but of course I cannot show this yet! I received a few questions about my staining and distressing of the Hobby Lobby card box. I used a product called Coloron Wood Dye in Jacobean Dark Oak which I got at the local DIY store (Homebase or B&Q). It's a liquid in a can which you rub on with a cloth although I did use a fine tip brush to get around the fastenings and into the corners. I left it overnight and then I distressed it slightly with a piece of fine sandpaper. Next step is to line it with the blue silk.
We are off to the cinema this afternoon to see The Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It's a long time since we went to the cinema - I like to go, the other half does not but he has agreed to come along with me today.
Thanks for visiting