< iStitch
Tuesday 16 August 2011
SAL Guimauve et violette update




I finished stitching Part 5 of the French SAL Guimauve et Violette. I am not enjoying this as much as I did when I started it but I think this is down to the fact that she is only supplying small colour charts which print up rather blurry and therefore makes my eyes ache trying to follow the chart!




Pam sent me a picture of her finish of Sew Many Keys. She stitched this 1*1 on 40ct HDF Dark Brown Bunny linen with HDF silk thread Kindling and you can tell by the picture just how tiny this is! I am looking forward to seeing how Pam decides to 'finish' this one. Thank you Pam for allowing me to showcase your lovely stitching here.

Sew Many Keys is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.


I have stitched up Part 6 of the Mystery SAL but of course I cannot show this yet! I received a few questions about my staining and distressing of the Hobby Lobby card box. I used a product called Coloron Wood Dye in Jacobean Dark Oak which I got at the local DIY store (Homebase or B&Q). It's a liquid in a can which you rub on with a cloth although I did use a fine tip brush to get around the fastenings and into the corners. I left it overnight and then I distressed it slightly with a piece of fine sandpaper. Next step is to line it with the blue silk.


We are off to the cinema this afternoon to see The Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It's a long time since we went to the cinema - I like to go, the other half does not but he has agreed to come along with me today.


Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 16 August 2011 at 12:26, Blogger Kate

    Lovely update on your SAL piece - your colours are gorgeous. I'm not a fan of colour charts as my eyes do not cope well with them. Pam's finish has inspired me - so email on the way!

     
  • On 16 August 2011 at 12:42, Blogger Annie

    Beautiful stitching and Pam did such a nice job on the keys.

    Thanks for the tips on finishing the box. Doesn't sound to difficult even for an inherently messy person like me!

     
  • On 16 August 2011 at 14:35, Blogger Gabi

    Beautiful SAL piece.
    And WOW - over one on 40ct. Pam is amazing.

     
  • On 16 August 2011 at 16:36, Blogger valerie

    Great progress on your SAL! Enjoy the movie. Sometimes it's nice to treat yourself. You'll have to let us know what you thought of the film!

     
  • On 17 August 2011 at 14:13, Blogger Angela

    Carol, your SAL is really looking lovely. The colours are coming together really nicely.
    Wow, what a tiny interpretation of Sew Keys. It's lovely.
    Glad you enjoyed the film. My son said it was excellent.
    Lv Angela xx

     
  • On 17 August 2011 at 14:34, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Your SAL piece is coming along nicely, a poor chart does tend to turn one sour towards a project.

    OMG Sew Many Keys is itsy-bitsy!!!

    What did you think of the movie its one I'm considering seeing.

     
  • On 18 August 2011 at 17:31, Blogger Diana

    Pam this is beautiful. Carol, the new SAl piece looks like such fun.