< iStitch
Tuesday 20 March 2012
A new project




When I was in Paris last month I purchased No 2 Sajou chart plus a spool of their Fil A Gant thread in a dark navy. I have been itching to start this project...




I did a couple of test stitches with the Fil A Gant but I found the thread to be very stiff and curly from being wound on the spool so I contacted Fati of Atelier 196 to see if AVAS Soie Surfine came in a similar colour. Yesterday I received three 100m spools of no 2587 which is actually darker than the Fil A Gant but still a very nice shade of a dark navy. I managed to stitch the above yesterday which I thought was pretty good seeing as I am stitching 1*1 on 38ct blanc cassé Gander linen. The pictures are clickable for a closeup view.




This is Sajou pattern and the Fil A Gant thread. I will stitch all the patterns in the booklet and then finish as a folding book. I saw this finish at the AEF and Sajou also sell the pre-cut card for finishing which I also purchased.



The above finish of the freebie Easter chart is by Brenda of Time 2 Xstitch. It is stitched on 28ct white Cashel linen with HDF Premium thread in Pastel Rainbow. Brenda has put this very pretty pincushion into a basket along with other goodies for an Easter exchange. I think the recipient is one lucky lady! Thank you Brenda for allowing to showcase your stitching here.

This Easter freebie is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar. The chart can then be found under 'Freebies' on the sidebar.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


13 Comments: