< iStitch
Tuesday, 20 March 2012
A new project




When I was in Paris last month I purchased No 2 Sajou chart plus a spool of their Fil A Gant thread in a dark navy. I have been itching to start this project...




I did a couple of test stitches with the Fil A Gant but I found the thread to be very stiff and curly from being wound on the spool so I contacted Fati of Atelier 196 to see if AVAS Soie Surfine came in a similar colour. Yesterday I received three 100m spools of no 2587 which is actually darker than the Fil A Gant but still a very nice shade of a dark navy. I managed to stitch the above yesterday which I thought was pretty good seeing as I am stitching 1*1 on 38ct blanc cassé Gander linen. The pictures are clickable for a closeup view.




This is Sajou pattern and the Fil A Gant thread. I will stitch all the patterns in the booklet and then finish as a folding book. I saw this finish at the AEF and Sajou also sell the pre-cut card for finishing which I also purchased.



The above finish of the freebie Easter chart is by Brenda of Time 2 Xstitch. It is stitched on 28ct white Cashel linen with HDF Premium thread in Pastel Rainbow. Brenda has put this very pretty pincushion into a basket along with other goodies for an Easter exchange. I think the recipient is one lucky lady! Thank you Brenda for allowing to showcase your stitching here.

This Easter freebie is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar. The chart can then be found under 'Freebies' on the sidebar.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
Photobucket posted by Carol R at 10:57 | Permalink | Photobucket


13 Comments:


  • On 20 March 2012 at 12:13, Blogger Susan

    Beautiful start! 1-over-1? WOW!

    Very cute Easter finish

     
  • On 20 March 2012 at 12:31, Blogger Sally

    What a beautiful start Carol. Very pretty.

    What is the gander linen like to stitch on?

    Gorgeous finish by Brenda of your Easter freebie.

     
  • On 20 March 2012 at 12:42, Blogger Elisa

    Great new start Carol, looking forward to watching it grow x

     
  • On 20 March 2012 at 13:05, Blogger Susan

    Very pretty start, Carol.

    I love the cover of the chart! Very French! :)

     
  • On 20 March 2012 at 13:17, Blogger Barbara

    Carol, I am curious as to how big these will turn out and where can I purchase the pattern book? Yours is stunning in the dark navy.
    Blessings

     
  • On 20 March 2012 at 15:06, Blogger Grit

    Das wird ja wieder sehr schön!! Ich liebe Blau!!
    LG Grit

     
  • On 20 March 2012 at 17:33, Blogger Solstitches

    Beautiful stitching Carol. I can't begin to imagine such fine work.
    Brenda's pillow is very pretty.
    It must be fun seeing all the different ways your designs are interpreted.
    Margaret

     
  • On 20 March 2012 at 21:41, Blogger pj

    Carol, Please take a look over at Carolina Stitcher's blog (Faye) as she posted her latest finish on my little bunny stitch that I did from your pattern. I love her finish and maybe you can post the pic too. It is soooo darling as a little pouch. Love it! pam in iowa

     
  • On 21 March 2012 at 01:48, Blogger Veronica

    1 over 1 on 38 count linen? Wow! It's gorgeous. Loving the colour.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

     
  • On 21 March 2012 at 20:14, Blogger Daffycat

    A lovely new start. You and your 1-1! I am always impressed =)

    Brenda did a beautiful finish of your Easter freebie!

     
  • On 22 March 2012 at 01:42, Blogger Brenda

    Oh what gorgeous work over one on 38ct!!! I will have to try that now. Beautiful stitching as ALWAYS!!!

    Yeah!!! I see my Easter pillow on your blog!!!! I now have to make me one!!!

     
  • On 22 March 2012 at 02:59, Blogger Catherine

    That will look so good in Navy! And, what a sweet Easter finish!

     
  • On 23 March 2012 at 21:00, Blogger Debbie

    I CAN`T WAIT TO SEE YOUR PROGRESS!
    ANYWAY, NICE TO MEET YOU!!!