< iStitch
Sunday 9 February 2014
Randje per week - Week 6



Click on the picture for a closeup view

Week 6 of the Randje per week SAL *here* brought bands 13 and 14. The charts are posted on the Randje per week blog at 11pm (midnight in Holland) each Friday evening and I go to check them out as soon as they are released. I stitched these two bands on Saturday afternoon which afternoon I now refer to as my 'Randje afternoon'! And now I have to wait until next Friday for the next two bands. In the meantime, and being impatient for new bands,  I have brought some lacy-edged banding and will be stitching another of these band samplers of my own compilation which will include not only borders/edges but alphabets too.  



As this sampler will also include family names, dates of birth and death, to leave for future generations I decided to keep a small journal. This beautiful tiny French journal was given to me by my dear friend Angela and is perfect to add additional information and thoughts as I go along. Thank you Angela!

*********************

This weekend is the Aguilles en fête needlework fair in Paris. I had decided not to go this year but as the time got nearer I changed my mind and quickly go online to try to book Eurostar tickets for both Kirby and I but alas although there were seats available on the early train the only ones available for the return journey were at 3.15pm which would only allowed a very short time at the fair. Next year I will make an earlier decision and hopefully take advantage of the offers and as when they are released. 



Photograph by Valie



However, my dear French friend Valie did get to go to the fair so she very kindly shopped for me. She managed to get me a pair of the latest scissors from M Roulot of Nogent. These are gorgeous and I rather like what looks like tiny spools on the handles towards the blades. I can't wait to get these in my hands!



Photograph by Valie



I also asked Valie to look for vintage spools for me and she managed to find these. I am hoping that one will fit my Randje banding but if not they will look great in my display cabinet as they are. Thank you Valie for getting the spools and scissors for me.  

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


3 Comments:


  • On 9 February 2014 at 22:46, Blogger Brenda

    Oh I love your SAL. It is coming along sooo beautifully!!!

    And that book is just wonderful! Too cute and what a wonderful idea.

     
  • On 11 February 2014 at 17:24, Blogger Andrea

    You are making lovely progress on the sampler. What a great idea to have the book accompany the stitching. A wonderful heirloom. Enjoy your new stash when it arrives.

     
  • On 11 February 2014 at 22:30, Blogger valerie

    Great progress on your sampler Carol! I love the name stitches along the edge in blue. The scissors are lovely! I love the little spool detail. One year I'd love to go to the Fete...if I ever win the lottery. lol