< iStitch
Wednesday 16 February 2011
I ♥ Paris!



This delightful little flea market find was given to me by my dear friend and wonderful hostess/guide in Paris - she knows who she is - thank you so much for making our trip so memorable! This tiny little red sampler, given in an antique AVAS box, is a true delight and I am sure there are many envious people looking at this. I absolutely love it and maybe I will chart it for iStitch Designs?

I have yet more gifts to whet your appetite so please visit with me again.




Of course, at the AEF I had to purchase some scissors from the master of scissor makers, Monsieur Roulot of Nogent. These were not actually the scissors that I had intended to buy but I did not realise that he would not take a bank card and I did not have enough cash on me to purchase the scissors of my dreams. Yes - they were that expensive! I realised, once I returned home and counted the remaining Euros, that I did indeed have enough cash but I was worried that I would leave myself short for the remainder of my trip! So this means I either have to contact Monsieur Roulot or take another trip next year.



And check out these antique bobbins - aren't they gorgeous? I had planned on using these to tidy up some ribbons but I cannot bear to remove the original threads or to untie the bow.




And more bobbins, one wound with delicate lace and one empty. I am sure I will find something to wind on this one.



And on my return from France I discovered that some of the Spring bulbs in my garden have started to flower. Tiny snowdrops, primroses and and crocuses to brighten up a dull garden and the daffodils are up but have yet to flower. I love Spring flowers!

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , , ,

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 16 February 2011 at 12:04, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    I'm sorry that you didn't have enough cash on you to purchase the scissors of your dreams. I would definitely recommend another trip next year!

    The sampler is beautiful, and I love the box it was presented in (I'm crazy about boxes!)

    Those bobbins are beautiful, too - I wouldn't wind anything on them, either - I would just be inclined to display them (maybe in a pretty vintage basket?)

    It sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

     
  • On 16 February 2011 at 12:40, Blogger Lili

    so gorgeous pieces!
    the sampler is very pretty!
    your garden looks so nice.

     
  • On 16 February 2011 at 13:42, Anonymous Anonymous

    I like the bobbins ! And I would leave them as they are...

     
  • On 16 February 2011 at 16:05, Blogger Simone

    I love your treasures!!!

     
  • On 16 February 2011 at 16:51, Blogger valerie

    Gorgeous scissors and bobbins! Sounds like you had so much fun! The garden is looking nice...and the sun will soon be making more appearances.

     
  • On 16 February 2011 at 18:38, Blogger Bertie

    Gorgeous sampler Carol:)) the scissors are gorgeous, yes he is pricey but worth it, although I passed on his €250 ones LOL.
    Love all your Paris pictures and the weathers looks fabulous too.

     
  • On 16 February 2011 at 19:25, Blogger Gillie

    I think you should do both - contact him now AND go next year, lol! What fun, and Paris isn't so far away now for me!

     
  • On 17 February 2011 at 01:53, Blogger Kathy A.

    Wonderful treasures.
    Welcome home! Sounds like you had the time of your life.

     
  • On 17 February 2011 at 12:40, Blogger Sally

    What wonderful treasures you came home with Carol. The sampler is gorgeous.

     
  • On 17 February 2011 at 17:32, Blogger Andrea

    How wonderful! I've loved looking throught he photos of your trip to France.

     
  • On 18 February 2011 at 13:19, Blogger Rhona

    The bobbins are amazing, I would be tempted to leave them as they are.

    The pictures of you garden make me homesick! I love spring in the UK, here in NY it seems to be spring for maybe a couple of weeks then bamm, summer hits and the poor daffodils and tulips wilt in the heat. I will get my spring 'fix' by loking at your pics!!! lol

     
  • On 18 February 2011 at 13:19, Blogger Michele B.

    I can see why you didn't want to untie the bow - the whole package looks so lovely. Though I would love to see what the lace looks like. Such great finds! Those scissors are awfully nice - what did the ones you wanted look like? I'm glad you charted the little red sampler - thank you!