< iStitch
Tuesday 27 March 2012
Miniature blue and white violets!





As you can see my miniature blue Sajou stitching is coming along. The needle is a 28 Bohin which shows how small this stitching actually is! The scissors are new (well new to me) and are one of my most recent eBay finds. They cost the princely sum of £3.20 - such a bargain.




Last year my dear friend June gave me some violet plants which I planted into a patio pot. They were doing really well until the heavy snowfall earlier this year which I thought had killed them off but, much to my surprise, they not only recovered they are now flowering. I was expecting blue/mauve violets but they are white. Violets are one of my most favourite flowers - so tiny and delicate. I must admit I didn't know they came with white flowers!




On my trip to the AEF in Paris in February my dear friend Valie gave me this beautiful padded, hand-made pouch. She said it was for the Macbook Air which I have been coveting for quite a while. Now what is that poking out from the pouch - oh yes my new 11" Macbook Air - thank you Valie both from me and my new MBA!


Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , , , ,

 
|


8 Comments:


  • On 27 March 2012 at 11:34, Blogger CJ in OK ;-)

    That project is so tiny, I just love it. Enjoy your new MBA. CJ in OK ;-)

     
  • On 27 March 2012 at 14:03, Blogger Catherine

    What a sweet project and I lone those scissors!

     
  • On 27 March 2012 at 15:19, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey, so it fits ! I wasn't sure it would , but now I sure am glad it does !
    Tiny tiny stitching... Too tiny for my fingers, alas. Great job.

     
  • On 27 March 2012 at 15:59, Blogger Meari

    I am always amazed at the tiny stitching you do! I think I'd go blind trying to do those, LOL

    I have violets covering my entire yard. Around here, they're considered weeds since they grow so proliferously! Pretty, though and I'm always sad when I have to mow my yard. I didn't know they could grow in pots. I'm glad yours made it through the winter.

    Congrats on the new scissors and case for your MacBook. Wish I could afford one of those.

     
  • On 27 March 2012 at 20:21, Blogger Daffycat

    Really nice stitching, Carol! I do like your new scissors and I think you got a steal on them!

     
  • On 28 March 2012 at 00:03, Blogger Susan

    Beautiful stitching. The violets are very pretty - we have them in our yard, I look forward to seeing them in the spring. Congratulations on your new MBA.

     
  • On 28 March 2012 at 21:23, Blogger Debbie

    SWEET PROJECT AND CUTE SCISSORS!

     
  • On 28 March 2012 at 22:27, Blogger Brenda

    Oooooo I love the way this project is turning out!!!!