< iStitch
Monday 22 June 2009
Always and forever ...



Introducing my dear son Justin and his very beautiful bride, AnnMarie, who married on Saturday. Congratulations to you both. It was a wonderful day, warm but not too hot and the sun made an appearance at the appropriate time. There will be more pictures to show, obviously much better than my effort, but I thought you would like a 'preview'. Justin's son, Thomas (aged 12 years), was his best man and he did an excellent job and enjoyed his dance with the Chief Bridesmaid! There were three pretty bridesmaids Rachel, Megan and Alex and one adorable little flower girl, Georgia. More to come later!



You may have read over on Valie's blog that we have started another BAM (Brode Avec Moi) or shall we say SWiM (Stitch With Me)! It was Valie's turn to choose a pattern and she decided upon The Workbaskets 'Alphabets Blue'. My fabric is 50ct (yes I did say 50ct!) white Kingston linen and my thread is HDF Colbalt Blue silk. I had to unpick some last night, not easy on such a high count fabric but you can see how delicate and tiny this is stitching up. Our next BAM we will be designing ourselves.



And for Lisa - her favourite stitch illustrations from the book mentioned in my last post - Lazy Daisy and Satin stitches. Just look at that Lazy Daisy - too cute!

It's warm and sunny today so, chores done, blog updated, I'm off to the garden!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


13 Comments:


  • On 22 June 2009 at 12:19, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    What a beautiful couple! I love the bride's dress and your son's vest matched perfectly! Looks like a wondrous time was had by all! Happy times and wonderful memories! Congratulations Mama :)

     
  • On 22 June 2009 at 12:31, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    Congratulations to your son. He & his bride make a cute couple.

    Holy cow - I can't believe you are stitching on 50ct!

     
  • On 22 June 2009 at 13:26, Anonymous Anonymous

    Justin and AnnMarie did look happy, and I hope their happiness indeed last forever ! Plenty of dream days ahead.

    I like the cobalt blue very much. But 50-count ? I must try...

     
  • On 22 June 2009 at 14:08, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    What a gorgeous photo. I'm sure I saw more somewhere else - Facebook? I'm so glad you all had such a wonderful day.

    Love the stitching. 50ct! WOW! Guess that new lamp is really the business.

    Lots and Lots of Love

    Patti xxx

     
  • On 22 June 2009 at 14:32, Blogger tangerinedream73

    Congratulations to your son and his new bride. They both look so happy! You must be one proud mama. I've never tried 50 ct. fabric. I just adore 40 so perhaps 50 is in my future. Have a wonderful day in the garden my friend.

    Amy

     
  • On 22 June 2009 at 14:57, Blogger staci

    Congratulations to the beautiful couple! Wishing them a lifetime of happiness!!!

    Did you say 50ct??? OMGosh, I can't even imagine it!!!

     
  • On 22 June 2009 at 15:38, Blogger Kim B

    Congrats to the happy couple! That's a beautiful project - and 50ct is very brave

     
  • On 22 June 2009 at 16:09, Blogger Lisa

    The wedding looked like it was as beautiful as the couple was - and a very happy occasion! I love the names of the names you and Valie are coming up with...BAM and SWiM. What fun!
    And thank you for posting information about the lazy daizy stitch. That book is awesome and I love the photo - after making a bunch of lazy daizy stitches, I could use a hammock to relax in!
    Have a good day! Take care!

     
  • On 22 June 2009 at 16:59, Blogger valerie

    Congratulations to Justin and AnneMarie. The much anticipated wedding day has come and gone! They are a beautiful couple. Lovely start on your SWiM with Valie...the stitches are so dainty!

     
  • On 22 June 2009 at 20:05, Blogger Karan

    Congratulations to the happy couple. :0)
    Love the colour on your new WIP. :0)

     
  • On 23 June 2009 at 03:18, Blogger Daffycat

    Congratulations on your new daughter, Carol!

     
  • On 23 June 2009 at 13:21, Blogger WendyJo

    Congratulations to your son Carol! What a lovely couple they are!

    Oh my Carol...50 ct. goodness gracious girl! It's looking wonderful!!!

     
  • On 24 June 2009 at 16:18, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    What a lovely photo of Justine and his gorgeous bride. I was thinking of you on Saturday (whilst sunning myself...haha!) I'm so glad the day was so wonderful.
    You new BAM looks absolutely fantastic! 50 count sounds really mind boggling!
    Can't wait to catch up on your news.
    Hugs Angela