< iStitch
Wednesday 10 March 2010
At last - Beatrix Potter!


Click on picture for a closeup view


Here is Beatrix Potter in all her glory. Tomorrow is my sister Sue's 60th birthday and this, after a year's long slog, is her gift. I am quite safe posting a picture today as she does not read blogs, in fact she doesn't even own a computer! I chose a simple frame which I think compliments this sampler. I am so glad I persevered with the stitching and, as much as I disliked it during said stitching, I now think it looks rather beautiful! I am writing a piece which I will attach to the back; I had meant for it to be inserted inside the framing so that maybe, in say 200 years, time someone would open it and find it but I am sure a piece laminated and stuck to the back will suffice. 

No stitching yesterday as my cold has got worse and so I just slobbed out in front of the tv. I also woke up with 'sticky' eyes this morning - maybe they are protesting at the amount of miniature stitching they are expected to deal with?

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels:

 
|


42 Comments: