< iStitch
Thursday 4 March 2010
OMG Red!






After finishing Alphabets à... I decided to finish yet another 'red' project. This tiny sampler is called 'Abc aux oiseaux' and is from 'Miniatures au point de croix' by Françoise Prax. I started this last year and came across it nestling between the pages of the book. It is stitched 1*1 on 40ct white linen with HDF OMG red 1149. The needle is a John James size 28 which should give you an idea how tiny this sampler really is! I am undecided how to finish this but I am leaning towards a pinkeep using Clover Aplique pins painted with a red nail polish the same shade as the thread. I found another half-stitched tiny sampler inside the book called 'Coeurs d'oiseux'. This one is stitched 1*1 on 35ct white Brussels linen with AVAS 2925 so will obviously be a little easier to finish. I will work on this later today and then, I think, an Easter project but shall I stitch Sew Easter or something else?

Before I forget, is anyone having problems uploading pictures to Blogger? I was using the old post editor and kept getting the message 'Server Error - The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request. Please try again in 30 seconds.' I have now changed to the new post editor and I was able to upload the picture immediately.

Sew Summer is now charted but may need a little tweaking. Sew Quaker and Sew Peacock are both charted but need to be stitched.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


15 Comments:


  • On 4 March 2010 at 12:47, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    Your tiny sampler is really dainty. It wouldn't look out of place in Lilliput with Gulliver holding the giant needle :>) It's beautiful. Stitching something that tiny in a deep red silk must have been very challenging.

    All your new charts sound really exciting.I don't need to be Sew Mystic to see how many lovely charts are on the way :>)
    Angela xx

     
  • On 4 March 2010 at 12:50, Blogger Amy

    Oh I love that Carol, gorgeous!! Maybe make a pin pillow with it? The long, narrow designs are gorgeous as pin pillows imho.
    It's so pretty, whatever you decide will be gorgeous! Hope things are well on your side of the water, have missed chatting with you!
    Hugs,
    Amy

     
  • On 4 March 2010 at 13:30, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    Oh, that one is gorgeous! Well all of your works is gorgeous...but this one has really caught my eye :)

     
  • On 4 March 2010 at 17:09, Blogger Dovilė

    very nice sampler in red:)

     
  • On 4 March 2010 at 17:12, Blogger BeckySC

    Oh I love it too and pin pillow is a wonderful idea for this one! Can't wait to see what you decide :)

     
  • On 4 March 2010 at 17:29, Blogger valerie

    Wow...so tiny! Can't wait to see how you finish it!

     
  • On 4 March 2010 at 20:59, Blogger Karoline

    It's gorgeous Carol, congratulations. The Pinkeep idea sounds lovely

     
  • On 4 March 2010 at 21:27, Blogger glamlawlib

    Oooh tiny! Lovely lots of redwork on your blog recently, I've been catching up :)

     
  • On 4 March 2010 at 21:39, Blogger Bertie

    Absolutely gorgeous your red miniature sampler, it is a wonderful book and I bought a lovely new pattern at the Paris fete, and have to start that soon.

    Had a lot of blogger problems, but they seem to have disappeared suddenly apart from funny little objects which tell me to edit them. Blogger works in mysterious ways...

     
  • On 4 March 2010 at 23:40, Blogger Margaret

    I love your tiny sampler! I was having trouble posting pictures, but it seemed to get better eventually. Could your picture size (that's being uploaded) be too big? I was wondering if that was my problem.

     
  • On 5 March 2010 at 13:09, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Awe inspiring. You are amazing.
    Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 6 March 2010 at 00:25, Blogger Yuko

    Oh Carol, as you know I'm using old editor to edit or post my blog, and I set the 30 days post to show, but it only shows some days posts...
    And also I had same problem when I upload photos, before...
    Definitely blogger have problem...

     
  • On 7 March 2010 at 06:52, Anonymous Anonymous

    You know that there is a twin sampler here, on brussels linen too ?

     
  • On 12 March 2010 at 20:17, Blogger Karan

    Another pretty piece. :0)

     
  • On 14 March 2010 at 15:24, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    I can't believe you stitched that over one on 40 ct! I have trouble with stitching over one on 28 count, and wouldn't even attempt to stitch over 2 on 40 ct.

    It's gorgeous, Carol. Congratulations on your finish!