< iStitch
Friday 19 February 2010
Scissors



My dear friend Valie went to the Aiguile en Fête in Paris last weekend where she not only shopped for herself but for me too! These beautiful scissors she acquired for me from Monsieur Roulot of Nogent who is indeed a fine craftsman for these scissors are absolutely stunning. Thank you Valie. I hope to be meeting with M Roulot in the not too distant future when I am sure another pair of his excellent scissors will become mine!

For those of you waiting for the release of Sew Sapphire, please bear with me. I promise it will not be too long but yesterday Justin and the children came to visit so I was unable to finish the hem-stitching. This will be done this evening with, weather permitting, a photoshoot tomorrow. My grand-daughter Megan came with her part-stitched Sew In Love to show me; once she has finished it I will post a picture. She also tried her hand at 'designing' a new chart and I will be showing this off at a later stage.

Thanks for visiting - have a lovely weekend
Take care

Labels:

 
|


15 Comments:


  • On 19 February 2010 at 16:18, Anonymous Anonymous

    If I hadn't secured another pair of these scissors for myself, I'd be jealous of yours !
    Wait for the real fine ones in June !

     
  • On 19 February 2010 at 16:21, Blogger Melissa

    Oh these are beautiful! Congratulations on acquiring a pair of these. It was nice that Valie could pick up a pair for you. Now maybe you will start a scissor business like Yuko! Although I suspect these might be a bit pricier, right?

     
  • On 19 February 2010 at 17:20, Blogger valerie

    Beautiful new scissors! I can't wait to see Megan's interpretation of your design! Happy weekend....finally! lol

     
  • On 19 February 2010 at 19:10, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol, these are indeed absolutely gorgeous. I'm not surprised a smile lights up your face everytime you look at them. What a lovely friend Valie is to get them for you :>)
    Angela xx

     
  • On 19 February 2010 at 19:22, Blogger MarchAnn

    I love those scissors they are great. I have really seen some nice scissors here and a few other blogs and I am thinking I was some very nice ones myself.
    Bet you are blusting with pride that Megan is trying her hand at needlework and designing.

     
  • On 19 February 2010 at 21:00, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    They are gorgeous scissors!

     
  • On 19 February 2010 at 21:55, Blogger Berit

    What fun! I saw these pretties on Valie's blog, and was curious about them, but now I know Their Story. :)

     
  • On 20 February 2010 at 00:52, Blogger Loraine

    Wonderful scissors! The perfect thing to collect!

     
  • On 20 February 2010 at 01:31, Blogger staci

    What a beautiful and generous gift! They look lovely pictured with your stitching :)

     
  • On 20 February 2010 at 02:46, Blogger Rowyn

    Your scissors are beautiful, and look of very good quality. I use Ginghers, and last year bought a pair of Kelmscott scissors for their prettiness (the Tudor Rose) ones - and I now know why there is a difference in price!

    It's great that your granddaughter is stitching one of your lovely designs AND designing one of her own. Can't wait to see both.

     
  • On 20 February 2010 at 02:54, Blogger Kathy A.

    Oh what lovely scissors!!!! You lucky girl!

     
  • On 20 February 2010 at 11:17, Blogger Susimac

    Lucky you they are indeed lovely scissors

     
  • On 20 February 2010 at 14:33, Blogger Solstitches

    Even from this distance I can tell that your new scissors are so beautifully crafted. They must be a joy to own.
    Lovely that Megan is following in your footsteps with her stitching and even designing her own chart.
    Margaret

     
  • On 20 February 2010 at 21:55, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh my these are lovely!

     
  • On 24 February 2010 at 05:47, Blogger JOLENE

    I am green with envy over your fabulous scissors!!! They are to die for gorgeous!!! Lucky you....