< iStitch
Wednesday 24 February 2010
Pink Sapphires?




Photos by Valie (and blatantly stolen by me)


To me sapphires are blue; to Valie they are pink! Here is Valie's wonderful version of Sew Sapphire stitched on 40ct linen hand-dyed linen from Bénédicte with House of Embroidery overdyed cotton threads 'Papaver' and 'Tulip'. She did, however, include a splash of blue! I am wondering how the lady will finally finish this beautiful piece of stitching.

Sew Sapphire chart available *here* or click the CHARTS button on the sidebar.



A quick snap of my miniature knitting with a US25c coin for scale. It's actually easier to do than I thought it would be and, so far, I have only had a little trouble with pain and stiffness in my right index finger otherwise my hands have been fine. I am dreaming of stripey socks!



For the past week or so we have had rain - not just a shower or two - but incessant rain from morning til night (and probably overnight too). I am sure I am developing skin between my toes - is this a sign of more rain? I took this picture a couple of weeks back - a tiny primrose flower makes an early appearance so maybe Spring is on it's way? Now if only I could see a little sunshine...

I stitched some more on Alphabets à ... I love it!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 24 February 2010 at 11:32, Blogger Angela

    Of course, you KNOW what I'm going to say about Valie's version of your pretty design :>) I love it in pink! The two colours go together so well especially against the lovely hand dyed linen.
    Carol, your knitting is so pretty. I'm sure you are going to find it hard now to decide whether to knit or stitch.
    Brave defiant lovely little primrose - it surely must mean Spring can't be too far away.
    Off to chant a magic spell to make your rain go away :>)
    Angela xx

     
  • On 24 February 2010 at 11:46, Blogger corinna

    lovely sampler
    and delicate knitting is so fine
    as is the pattern ....looks like fun

     
  • On 24 February 2010 at 13:18, Anonymous Anonymous

    Not a clue how I will finish this sampler. Probably framed and hung on the wall of the staircase. When I find the right frame. Might take some time.
    I admire your doll knitting...

     
  • On 24 February 2010 at 15:39, Blogger Vaida

    In any colour, your sapphires look great! Love Valie's version, so soft and in spring mood :)

    Your knitting is so delicate

     
  • On 24 February 2010 at 16:26, Blogger staci

    Valie's stitching and your designs just equal pure beauty!

    Gorgeous knitting! Hope the stiffness in your hand works itself loose :)

     
  • On 24 February 2010 at 16:34, Blogger valerie

    Love the miniature knitting...great job! My finger always hurts from pushing the needle and being a tight knitter. I guess I need to loosen up! lol

     
  • On 24 February 2010 at 19:21, Blogger Solstitches

    I've already admired the pink sapphires on Valie's blog but it is certainly worth a second look.
    How pretty it is. I love both the blue and the pink versions.
    I can't imagine trying to knit something so tiny!

    Margaret

     
  • On 25 February 2010 at 00:42, Blogger Annie Bee

    Love the knitting.It is so pretty and feminine. Hope that rain keeps away now.

     
  • On 12 March 2010 at 20:06, Blogger Karan

    Beautiful version. Cannot believe just how tiny your knitting is - my fingers could not take the strain. :0)