< iStitch
Tuesday 9 March 2010
Red - again!




My orts jar has only red thread inside! Here is my latest red piece. Stitched 1*1 with AVAS 2925 on 35ct white Brussels linen this is Coeurs d'oiseaux  also from the François Prax Miniatures au point de croix book. This tiny sampler measures 1½" x 2¼" and was a little easier on the eyes to stitch than the ABC aux oiseaux which I posted last Thursday. I have started yet another tiny design from the same book and yes it's red!



At last a little more sign of Spring as the daffodil bulbs are pushing their way up through the soil. It should not be too long before Tommy will awaken from his Winters slumber. I can't wait to see him again.

Thanks for visiting
Take care




Labels: ,

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 9 March 2010 at 18:29, Blogger Margaret

    Beautiful! I always have trouble fitting the x's in on over one once I reach a certain size fabric (ie 40ct). Do you have to pull the stitches tighter than normal to make things fit well? I love your mini pieces!

     
  • On 9 March 2010 at 18:37, Blogger Amy

    That's so cute Carol! What book are these designs from? LOVE how cute they turn out when YOU stitch them over 1! ;-)

    Hugs,
    Amy

     
  • On 9 March 2010 at 20:45, Blogger Michele B.

    How very cheerful this little piece is - I love it! I wish I had your eyesight...

     
  • On 9 March 2010 at 20:49, Blogger Michele

    wow! and I thought I loved RED! lol .. great finish again! I just love it :)

     
  • On 9 March 2010 at 21:03, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Like Margaret I love your mini pieces too. I love red as well. I will have to keep a note of what threads you use because I always like the colors you pick better than the colors I pick.
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 12 March 2010 at 20:22, Blogger Karan

    Another pretty finish. I love to see red pieces too. :0)