< iStitch
Wednesday 31 March 2010
Small/large!





It's red, it's tiny and I love it! This is the Petit Jours I referred to in my last post and, for scale, that's a 28 needle at the top. It's not finished as I have yet to finish the last row under the flower basket and to finish off the pulled thread border. It measures approximately 1½" x 1¾". I know the thread is AVAS Soie Surfine 109 as, although it came with the kit, it's the same that I used for Alphabets à .. I have no idea what the fabric is as this was also supplied but it seems a fairly high count. I am not sure what to do with it once it's finished - any suggestions? 




And now for the large: this is the largest cylindrical fish tank in the world and stands in the foyer of the Raddison Hotel in Berlin. That's a glass elevator going up through the centre and provides a close-up view of the 2,500 fish. Isn't this great? And just check out the guy with the best job in the world - he and another diver have full-time jobs cleaning the inside of the tank. I would love to see this in real life - it must be an amazing sight. I've always wanted a fish tank since seeing a round floor to ceiling tank in a movie once but I think this one probably would fill my house!

And talking of water - it's raining again and we have very high winds. Is Summer really around the corner?

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


10 Comments: