< iStitch
Monday 29 March 2010
A Sew Red Basket




Click on the picture for a closeup view


One of my first designs was Sew Red and back in September 2009, Caroline, one of my Stitch-n-Bitch group, decided to stitch it and I duly posted it *here*. She told me that she wanted to finish it as a basket base but that the basket was oblong not square. I was soon able to remedy this for her by adding a border on either side which she promptly stitched and finished. It's stitched on 40ct creme linen with Glorianna 'Cranberry' which perfectly matches the red silk lining. Thank you Caroline for turning my design into such a beautiful finish (and if I can find a similar basket I will be stitching this again for myself!). The little red heart ornament was a Valentine for her husband.

Sew Red is still available free with the purchase of any chart *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.




Click on the picture for a closeup view


The clocks went forward this weekend in the UK so Winter is officially over! The clematis, the magnolia, the cherry and the red acer in my garden have produced some fine buds and I am looking forward to seeing them bloom. The daffodils are in flower although some of them have been blown over by the March winds - why does this seem to happen every year?!

I have not picked up a needle and thread at all this weekend and although I did get as far as printing off Sew Summer chart, I am undecided as to what fabric and thread to use for this one. I have the chart on my desk and hoping for some inspiration!

Kirby is home for her Easter vacation and has spent the day here. I do miss her when she's away. We are planning a 'retail therapy' trip really soon.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


3 Comments:


  • On 30 March 2010 at 01:31, Blogger angelasweby

    Wow Carol
    I can't believe how different Sew Red looks with that pretty border. Caroline's basket finish is really lovely. Such a clever idea. I really like the thread she's used too.

    I love seeing all the buds coming out. I hope they don't get frightened off by the bad weather that's been forecast for the next few days.

    It's lovely having the "youngsters" home again, isn't it :-)
    Angela xx

     
  • On 30 March 2010 at 07:28, Anonymous Anonymous

    Pretty finish. I love that crimson. Maybe Caroline could teach me lessons in finishing ?

     
  • On 30 March 2010 at 20:23, Blogger Andrea

    Oh my, how gorgeous.