< iStitch
Friday 19 March 2010
Sew Easy in France!



Photo by Nelly


Nelly from France has sent a picture of her beautiful stitching of Sew Easy. Nelly stitched this on Zweigart Edinburgh 36ct linen, with AVAS 619 and 264 and an HDF silk thread called Raspbery Cobbler for the alphabet. This is such a pretty version of Sew Easy which chart is still available for free *here* or click on the CHARTS button on the sidebar. Thank you Nelly for allowing me to show your stitching on my blog.




I had lots of enquiries about the 'My Favorite Needle' after my post 'Lost' on Wednesday. These needles, together with a 'My Favorite Needle Petite' were produced by Mardina who also introduced the Do-Lolly to the stitching world. Unfortunately this company no longer exists so these needles really are like gold dust and you can well understand why I was so unhappy to lose one. The above picture shows the difference between the MFN and a Piecemakers 28. They are smaller in length and instead of the long 'slot' eye they have a tiny round hole which makes threading very easy. I did buy up a few when they were available so do have a few spares.

After crawling about on my hands and knees with a magnet in hand on Wednesday, there was still no sign of the wretched thing but yesterday I went to pick up a bit of fluff from the carpet and, lo and behold, not 2" from the fluff was my lost needle! This was a good 3ft or more from where I had been stitching so maybe it was on my clothes and I walked it over before it fell. So - he's back where he belongs and very pleased I am to see him. I think he took a short vacation, read my blog and decided to return home or maybe he was jealous when he saw me stitching with one of his brothers?!!

Thanks for visiting and have a good weekend
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 19 March 2010 at 15:49, Blogger Kathy A.

    Lol - the trials and tribulations of Carol's needle! Glad he found his way home LOL

     
  • On 19 March 2010 at 16:11, Blogger omashee aka Barb

    Carol, so pleased your needle chose to return to work. Sometimes mine take ashort vacation too. So frustrating when it's a favorite or like yours, a rare delight.
    Love your charts!

     
  • On 19 March 2010 at 17:14, Blogger Catherine

    Happy to hear you found your needle! I love those as well, but all of mine are long gone.

     
  • On 19 March 2010 at 17:16, Blogger Heidi

    Hi Carol,
    I know that feeling when you lose your favorite needle, I've mine for a few years now and wouldn't want anything else! Glad to hear that you've found it - may you two have many hours of stitching together!

     
  • On 19 March 2010 at 18:10, Blogger Cathy B

    have lost needles too and it drives me crazy when I can't find them. I usually give up and pull out the vaccuum cleaner!

     
  • On 19 March 2010 at 18:14, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh I love this pink version !!!

     
  • On 19 March 2010 at 23:42, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    I have to say, I'm not sorry I missed your MIA post about your poor needle. it would have caused me no end of anguish and I may well have had to travel all the way over to Deal to help you look for it but, all's well that ends well and the prodigal needle has returned home to much feasting and celebration :-)

    I have to say, over the last year my needles have got smaller and smaller and I now stitch with a favourite petite which I look after very lovingly. I've not been able to find Petites here in England and I only have a few so they are very precious to me.

    Having just reread my post, the phrase obsessive compulsive comes to mind...haha! I think I need to get out more :-)
    Angela xx

     
  • On 19 March 2010 at 23:46, Blogger angelasweby

    Ooop, sorry Carol,
    After all the needle chatter i forgot to say what a really pretty version of your Sew Easy chart Nelly has stitched.
    I'm glad to see that Sew Easy is definitely staying pink!!

     
  • On 20 March 2010 at 03:24, Blogger Myra

    Nelly's So Easy is gorgeous. I am happy you found your needle - they stitch so nicely when well used. I had to go back and read all of your posts about Tommy. What a fun guy! I do have a question - when you say you put him in his box, is that something simple like a cardboad box or a tortoise house of some sort?

     
  • On 21 March 2010 at 13:56, Blogger Daffycat

    Thank goodness you found the needle before someones' footie did! I'm happy for you!

     
  • On 22 March 2010 at 15:39, Blogger WendyJo

    so glad you found your needle! I am like Cathy..I would have just pulled out the vacuum cleaner!

    Love the pink version!!

     
  • On 23 March 2010 at 02:48, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Carol, your design stitched up beautifully!!!