< iStitch
Sunday 14 March 2010
A preview and an award!



For those of you awaiting my new chart, here is a sneak preview. I could not decide whether to stitch Sew Peacock or Sew Quaker so the lovely Angela (no blog) made the decision for me - thank you Angela! Stitched on 40ct Summer Khaki linen with DMC 3808 it comprises of an alphabet and a border - you could even say an 'alphabet border' and there even might be a peacock loitering around! I am such a tease... call back real soon as it will be released shortly.







Robin over at Crafting with the Stitch Witch awarded me with a Beautiful Blogger Award. I am not sure if the award is for me as a 'beautiful blogger' or my blog as a 'beautiful blog' - I think probably the latter as my 'beautiful' days are well and truly over or perhaps I never had them in the first place. Thank you Robin, I accept your award gracefully.

Here's how the award works. The rules are simple:

1. One must accept the award
2. Thank the person who gave you the award
3. Add a link to the person who gave you the award
4. Paste the award on your blog
5. Write 10 things about yourself that others might not know
6. Pass the award on to 10 others

OK - firstly 10 interesting facts about me. This is where I get a little stuck as I am not at all 'interesting' but I'll do my best, so here goes:

1. Despite living by the seaside I don't swim very well and hate being out of my depth in water
2. I like to dress in black
3. I would love to have blonde hair and blue eyes
4. I love Chinese food
5. I can't bear a messy workspace/desk so I'm constantly tidying up as I go along
6. I don't like 'chick flicks' and prefer to watch action and thriller movies
7. Following on from number 6 - I can't stand Hugh Grant

Oh this is getting difficult ...

8. I hate cookery programmes, in fact I'm not overly keen on cooking!
9. I have been to the Seychelles
10. I have a very good memory

Phew made it - I hope you are still awake? Next I have to pass this award to 10 people. I try to visit lots of blogs so again this is going to be difficult. If you take time out to blog then each and every blogger deserves an award! The first 8 nominations, in no particular order, are established bloggers:

5. Yuko


And these last 2 nominations are for newbie bloggers:


Are you still here? Then you deserve an award!

I'm nearly done - just the weather report to do - the sun is out and the cold wind has dropped - Spring is definitely in the air!

Nearly forgot - a Happy Mother's Day to all UK mums!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 14 March 2010 at 13:08, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Congrats on the award. I really liked reading your ten things. As to whether your new one is Peacocks orQuakers I don't care because I love both and can't wait. Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 14 March 2010 at 15:19, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    Happy Mother's Day, Carol!

    Congratulations on the blogging award!

     
  • On 14 March 2010 at 17:34, Blogger Susimac

    Congrats on the award Carol, and thankyou for mine

     
  • On 14 March 2010 at 18:48, Blogger Solstitches

    The new design promises to be just as lovely as the others in the series.
    Congrats. on your well deserved award.

     
  • On 14 March 2010 at 22:54, Blogger Robin

    Hi Carol! Glad to have nominated you. Been a follower for some time and love your little designs. I think the blog award thingie is a fabulous way to find out about each other and to find other blogs.

    PS I am right there with you with your #5 and #6 but must confess I have a soft spot for english actors (my DH is from England so I guess that's the attration!)

     
  • On 15 March 2010 at 02:10, Blogger valerie

    Happy Mother's Day Carol! I hope you had a lovely day with the children.

    Thank you for the award! I will post it tomorrow or so. =)

     
  • On 15 March 2010 at 15:35, Blogger staci

    Congrats on your well-deserved award Carol! And thank you for thinking of me :)

    If Tommy's woken up, then spring must definitely be in the air!

     
  • On 16 March 2010 at 17:39, Blogger angelasweby

    It's the lovely Angela here - I think that's how i will refer to myself from now on...haha! Thank you for the compliment. I am delighted you decided to go ahead with the Peacock design. It was a bit of a struggle as I love both themes but peacocks won the day :>)
    Well done on winning the award. Your blog brings a whole lot of pleasure to a whole lot of people. Like you I love to wear black and am wearing black now and i love Chinese. How I envy you living by the seaside. We lived overlooking the Mediterranean Sea for 21 years and I miss it terribly.
    Angela xx

     
  • On 12 April 2010 at 20:37, Blogger Karan

    Congratulations on the award. I am so with you on No7! LOL Yes, I'm behindhand with my blog reading again.... off to see what the new design is. :0)