< iStitch
Tuesday 6 April 2010
Another Small and Large!



For 'small' this time it's Sew Quaker stitched by Valie. Stitched 1*1 on Zweigart Belfast Vintage Marble linen with three shades of DMC thread (3607, 3068 and 3609) and finished as a tiny (8cm x 5cm) pin pillow. Isn't it cute? Thank you Valie for allowing me to show this picture.

Sew Quaker is available *here* or by clicking the CHARTS button on the sidebar.






And now for the large ... meet Darius, the world's biggest Easter bunny. He weighs in at a thumping 3½ stones (49lbs) and is 4' 3" long (which means he is only 10" shorter than me!) so I'm not sure I'd like to meet him on a dark night! Anyone for rabbit pie?

I finished stitching Sew Summer yesterday and I will be hem-stitching it later today. I must apologise that I have not yet produced a hem-stitch tutorial. I find 'words' easy - it's the photographic 'steps' I am struggling with! I have also been charting up Sew Nautical - yes Margaret there will be a mermaid - so I hope to make a start on this one shortly.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


5 Comments:


  • On 6 April 2010 at 14:39, Blogger Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher

    Love the quaker design-very clever!

     
  • On 6 April 2010 at 15:18, Blogger corinna

    beautiful pin pillow
    love the colors valie chose

    good gosh that rabbit is freakishly enormous!
    unbelievable- thanks for sharing

     
  • On 6 April 2010 at 20:03, Blogger Michele

    I love Valie stitching and finishing of the pin pillow .. soo pretty!

     
  • On 7 April 2010 at 00:30, Blogger Berit

    Very pretty finish from Valie.

    You piqued my interest with that "Nautical". There is a sailing biscornu that I'm just spoiling to make; if Only I could find some grey evenweave! :D

    I wonder if Sew Nautical will be a suitable companion? :)

     
  • On 14 April 2010 at 13:42, Blogger Solstitches

    Admired on Valie's blog but definitely worth a second look.
    Lovely design - beautifully stitched and finished
    I heard a rumour (bet you can guess where) that Sew Nautical is already in the works.
    I am ready to buy it sight unseen!