< iStitch
Monday 5 April 2010
Kirby's Sew In Love





My grand-daughter, Kirby loved the Sew In Love chart when it first came out and decided to stitch it in her spare time at Uni - not that she gets much spare time with studying and, of course, the partying! So here is her version which she is going to frame as a gift for a friend. It's stitched 2*2 on 28ct white evenweave linen with DMC 115. She is now working on Sew Patchwork and has chosen a really pretty colour palette for this one.

Sew In Love is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.




My son Justin recently went to a fancy dress party - can you guess what he went as? He said he took him and the kids hours to make the above as each side is made of individual squares and stuck on separately. I said if he had used Velcro he could have muddled up the colours and actually played the game. Incidentally when the Rubiks Cube first came out he used to get me to muddle up the colours; he would then take it away and bring it back with the colours in the right place. I was always amazed that he could do it as I never could. He told me years later than he popped the sections off and put them back on in the right place!

I am working on Sew Summer so release of the chart isn't too far away.

Enjoy what's left of the Easter holiday and those chocolate eggs!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 5 April 2010 at 13:10, Blogger Margaret

    lol on the outfit! Fantastic! The rubik's cube was my way of getting to know my future husband. I asked him to teach me how to solve it. He was a whiz at it. :D The ruse worked -- we've been married for going on 27 years.

     
  • On 5 April 2010 at 13:18, Blogger staci

    Kirby did a gorgeous job with Sew in Love...her stitching is beautiful!

    Love Justin's costume...who says it's not hip to be square???

     
  • On 5 April 2010 at 14:47, Blogger Hazel

    Well done Kirby. How nice to have your granddaughter stitch your charts. x

     
  • On 5 April 2010 at 18:47, Blogger Poussy Stitches My Love

    Oh this embroidery is magnificent! That make the sir in this cube! Celà made me many laugh!
    Best regards and peace in your heart
    Mary

    http://poussy-stiches-my-love.over-blog.com

     
  • On 5 April 2010 at 21:29, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    Kirby's "sew in love" is beautiful! And I love your son's costume! How cool is that?! Had to laugh about the popping off and popping on of the Rubik's cube. My brothers would take the stickers off and rearrange them correctly. Needless to say, they didn't last long after that cause the colors fell off...LOL!

     
  • On 5 April 2010 at 23:34, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Love Kirby's Sew In Love. Your son is so clever to think up a Rubiks Cube as a costume.
    Lots of Love
    patti xxx

     
  • On 6 April 2010 at 01:10, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    I love Kirby's version of Sew in Love. 115 is one of my favourite colours.
    Justin looks amazing as a rubik cube. I loved the story about his technique for solving this puzzle which used to drive us all mad years ago :>)
    Angela xx