< iStitch
Saturday 7 August 2010
Sew Nautical 1*1




Jennifer over at Sweet Pea Stitches recently stitched Sew Nautical for an F&S exchange. Stitching 1*1 on 32ct antique white linen she used a variety of overdyes, mostly Crescent Colours. She also stitched a second square using one of the motifs - I wonder if you can guess which one? If you visit her blog you will see. I love that Jennifer gave the mermaid red hair just like hers!





This picture is clickable for a close-up view

Dawn asked me for more information about Soie Surfine (109) so I took the above picture so you can see how it differs from Vikki Clayton's HDF Perfect Red 6215 and DMC 815. It's a lot finer than the other two and is ideal for stitching over one or on high count linens. I used two strands for Alphabets à... which I stitched on 48ct Gander linen but I am using a single strand on 55ct Gander linen for Jane.


I was hoping to release iStitch Sew Pretty in Pink today but it's much too gloomy here to take a photo. As hard as I try my pictures are never very good at the best of times but it's still early and it may brighten up later and if it does I will attempt a photo shoot. If it doesn't I think stitching will be the order of the day!

Thanks for visiting, have a good weekend
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


3 Comments:


  • On 7 August 2010 at 14:24, Blogger Berit

    I'm really loving this version of Sew Nautical--the colors are beautiful and I too love the red hair (mine's a bit red, so maybe I'll do the same if I stitch this one!)

     
  • On 7 August 2010 at 15:02, Blogger Nancy

    A beautiful finish of Sew Nautical! 1/1 on 32 count - it must be gorgeous in person! I love the red hair on the mermaid.

     
  • On 8 August 2010 at 05:59, Blogger Dawn

    Thanks for the photo of the threads together. The Soie Surfine looks very, very fine!! Your eyes must be really aching after your "Jane" stitchy sessions!! The highest count I've ever worked on is 32 count, 1 over 1, and I had to buy myself a pair of magnifying glasses to wear when stitching on that, I can't even see the holes otherwise!!
    I saw on the Gander site that they send sample squares of their linens if you send a SAE, (France only, I think) so I sent for those and received them shortly after. The fabric looks great. I might give the Gander/surfine combination a try soon.