< iStitch
Thursday 25 November 2010
I'm dyeing!



As mentioned in yesterday's post, here are the test pieces which I have been dyeing. The bottom left corner sample is the original 48ct blanc cassé Gander linen; the stitching on all samples is done with HDF OMG Red 1149 which thread did not bleed at all. The top left hand sample has been dyed with coffee and the top right hand sample with tea. The bottom right hand sample was dipped very quickly into walnut ink (as I did not want it too dark) but I think a slightly longer 'dip' might be called for which I will do later today. If I am happy with the result of this test piece, I will then use the walnut ink for dyeing my 'M Thomas' sampler and I will post a picture of the dyed and framed piece shortly. The frame is a cheap one which I stained and distressed.

My Christmas ornaments are stitched and now I need a marathon finishing session; I will be glad to get these done. Next year ... I Will Stitch my ornaments during the year!

With my commitment stitching done, I can get back to a sadly neglected Jane Rees. I am looking forward to putting a few more stitches into this one.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


 
|


5 Comments: