< iStitch
Wednesday 24 November 2010
Laurence's Sew Pink




Laurence from Lin,Dentelles et autres passions recently sent me a picture of Sew Pink stitched with 'Fils Dansk Blomstergarn nr 19' thread on 'Lin 14 fils bleu ciel Bleu de Chine'. She has posted a picture on her blog of the fabric that she is going to use to finish this pretty piece of stitching into a pochette. I look forward to seeing her finish. Thank you Laurence for letting me post this here.

Sew Pink is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.

If you have any iStitch design you would like to showcase here, please send me a picture and details of fabric and threads used as I am more than happy to post them. My email address can be found on my profile.

The frame I purchased for my little red sampler is now stained/distressed to my satisfaction. As I said in my earlier post *here* I wanted to dye this sampler to make it look old so I stitched up 3 little 'test ABCs' on the same Gander linen I used for the sampler and dyed each sample with tea, coffee and walnut ink respectively. The HDF OMG Red 1149 silk thread did not run on any of these pieces and all took the dyes really well. I will post a picture tomorrow of these, together with the original colour linen. I have yet to dip the original piece but I am leaning towards using the walnut ink for this.

I have stitched five ornaments in the past few days and have one more to go and then I will have a marathon finishing session for these and two others that I stitched before my vacation. Why is it that, despite good intentions to stitch ornaments during the year. they always get left until last thing?

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


2 Comments: